Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Thursday & Black Friday

I sat down Friday night to write this post, and I was so proud of myself for actually being on top of my posts. And then I went to upload a picture, and it went downhill from there. I got an error message saying I had reached my maximum amount of online storage, and I couldn't upload any more pictures. I just now resolved the issue, so I can finally finish this post!

Well, anyway, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I had a fabulous day spent with family and counting my blessings.

I had school on Wednesday, so my break didn't technically start until Wednesday at 1:50! Earlier in the week I had made some Thanksgiving/fall cake pops for my friend's sister. Her birthday was this past week, and she requested turkey cake pops, so Turkey cake pops I made!


After school my mom and I headed out to the mall to kick Thanksgiving break off right!

I even got my Christmas Dance dress :)

I was so happy to see the Cincinnati sign all lit up for Christmas on the way home.

On Thursday morning, my parents went out to do a Thanksgiving walk. I'm too lazy and wanted to stay home and watch the parade - ha!

I ran out as soon as I got up to pick up a newspaper and a doughnut. I loved sitting like this for a few hours - looking at the Black Friday ads, eating a doughnut, snuggling with Coco, and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

This is what the floor looked like after I was done with the ads.....

My dad cooked our Thanksgiving turkey for the first time this year. I kept teasing him that the turkey was going to turn out like this.....

....but it ended up great!

We went over my grandma's house to spend this Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. It's always a fun time. We played Apples to Apples and joked around a lot!

I took this picture of Coco and I when we got home.

On Friday morning my family and I got up early to do some Black Friday shopping. We didn't have any doorbusters we wanted to get, so we got up a little before 6 and left around 6:30. It worked out well because we still got a lot of good deals, but we didn't get into any crazy crowds. We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond and Target first. I was surprised that Target wasn't crazy crowded!

I picked out 3 good movies that were on sale, and it ended up being $20 for all 3. Yay! DVDs are one of my favorite things to buy on Black Friday.

We also stopped at Home Depot before getting breakfast at Chick-fil-A. I love Chick-fil-A, but I had never been there for breakfast. Their breakfast is SO good! I got Chicken Minis - little pieces of chicken on a buttery biscuit.

Then we hit Lowe's and Best Buy before heading downtown to Macy's.

I found these at Macy's on sale, and I'm SO excited. I didn't even know they sold these in stores!

Some of our loot.... It always seems that on Black Friday we do more shopping for ourselves than for actual Christmas presents - ha!

My mom and I also headed out a little later on to pick up some things we had forgotten. I love this holiday dress I got for Coco. I think it's so stinkin' cute.


I also got my first college acceptance letter on Friday. I felt like it hit me in the face - college seems SO real now.

In the afternoon I set up some of our Christmas decorations with my mom and helped my dad put up our Christmas lights.

Then I spent a long time baking. I first tried to make some cupcakes using a recipe I just sort of made up (based on other recipes). The cupcakes turned out to be lacking in flavor and sweetness. I know what to work on for next time though.

Then I made cupcakes using a real recipe for my cousin's birthday party that was today. I'll post more on it later!

I also got a picture of our Christmas lights at night. It doesn't look like much, but compared to past year's, it's a tremendous improvement :)

And that's been my Thanksgiving and Black Friday - 2 of my favorite days of the year.

I'll do another post soon on the rest of my Thanksgiving break now that I can upload pictures again!

No comments: