Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Year Ago.......

Just a quick note - this post is more for me than anyone else. I'm not sure anyone else will find this post that exciting ;)
As I begin to type this post, I am sitting in Art class. It's January 13, 2011. I have just finished exams, and have nothing better to do than sit on my computer.

This time, 1 year ago:
I was sitting in Art class. It was actually January 15, 2010  I had just finished exams, and I was doing exactly what I am right now: sitting on my computer. So, I decided to send an e-mail to my mom. I asked her if she would take me and my friend to see Nick Jonas over the weekend. To be honest, I was being silly. Of course I wanted to go, but I never thought it would actually happen.

Instead, I got home from school. I was upstairs skyping with some friends when my mom told me to come downstairs. My dad was on the phone and he told me that we were actually going to the concert! I honestly don't think I have ever been so shocked and excited in my entire life.

I also don't think I have ever had as great of a weekend as I did that weekend. It was the perfect blend of surprise, excitement, sightseeing, and shopping. And not to mention it was an added bonus that Nick sang to us outside. And I was pretty much directly in front of him. January 17, 2010 was a day that was perfect (aside from being unbelievably cold out in Chicago!)





I think it's funny how much things can change in a year. Now I'm sitting here, in Art class, and I don't know what I'm doing this weekend. Even though I know for sure it won't involve going to Chicago or seeing Nick Jonas :( I feel like a lot of things have changed this year. There are days when I wish I could just go back in time and re-live this weekend all over again. Unfortunately, I can't do that. But I can be thankful that I lived this weekend once, and that I still have the memories that I can look back on.
~
I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

No comments: