Monday, July 19, 2010

Inspired

I know that I haven't blogged in FOREVER, but I am feeling extremely inspirational right now, so I thought I should jot down my thoughts while I have them on my mind....

Today I was thinking about how everything in life is crazy, and how no one's life is perfect. Every single person on the face of this earth goes through hardships and sufferings. There is just no way to avoid them. God throws us curveballs. It's not about how many curveball you're thrown and how curvy they are, it's about how you choose to respond to them. Yeah, it might seem easier sometimes to just give up and not keep fighting. But where's the fun in that? We have to keep fighting, so matter how difficult it seems. And trust me, it can get pretty difficult out there. But if we have God with us, it helps to lighten the load.

Now, I'm not a crazy shove Jesus down your throat kind of person, but trust me when I say that he is REAL. And when you have him on your side throughout all of your suffering, the weight on your shoulders seems MUCH more bearable. It's hard to trust in something that you can't physically put your hands on. However, just spend a little bit of time praying, trusting in the Lord, and reading Scripture, and you will see that he IS real. It's not something you can touch, but it's something you can feel. And to me, being able to feel it is more real than being able to touch it.

I have been a Catholic for all of my life. I've gone to Church every Sunday for as long as I can remember, but until recently I never got it. I would simply go through the motions, pray every once in a while, but never fully feel connected to God. However, this past year I read Eat, Pray, Love and I was inspired by Elizabeth Gilbert's faith. I also started reading some blogs of other Christian women and their faith blew me away. It made me long for a faith like that, and I got tired of always wanting it, but never having it. So, I decided to change that. I started praying on a regular basis and reading through the Bible. It truly calms me down like nothing else when I need it. It gives me a sense of peace I can't find anywhere else. The feeling I get after I pray and read Scripture is so indescribable. I love it!

I really just wanted to write this post to get out all of my feelings, and give me something to look back on when I'm struggling. Remember, everyone goes through struggles, it's just the way that we pick ourselves up and place ourselves at Jesus's feet that makes all of the difference. :)


'I kept faith, even when I said,
"I am greatly afflicted!"
I said in my alarm,
"No one can be trusted!"
How can I repay the Lord
for all hte good done for me?
I will raise the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the Lord.
I will pay my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people.
Too costly in the eyes of the Lord
is the death of his faithful
- Psalm 116:10-15

No comments: