Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Dropping By....

I was totally not expecting to go almost two weeks without posting. This past week has been absolute insanity. I'm pretty sure that at this point, I have about a month of stuff to catch up on since it's been so long since I've blogged!

People who say that you have more free time in college are liars. Going to class, doing homework, working, and being in a few organizations on campus mean that I pretty much do not have a whole lot of free time left anymore.

Last week, I was so swamped that I went three whole days without checking Instagram, two days without reading any blog posts, and two days without signing onto Twitter. It's funny how when I write that down, it doesn't sound like a big deal, but seriously, when was the last time you were so busy that you didn't even want to spare a few minutes checking any social media?

All last week I kept telling myself that I just had to get to Monday. I had an exam on Monday after an insane weekend, so I figured I would finally be able to just relax the rest of this week.

Ha.

That obviously didn't happen.

I have been more sleep deprived that I ever was in high school. I hate being up late, but I've been up past midnight every day this week.

But despite all of the craziness and the yawns (I'm pretty sure I've yawned more in the past week than I have in my entire life), I couldn't be happier with where I am in my life right now.

I keep reminding myself not to rush this or hope for days to end because I know that before I know it, all of this will be just a memory, and I'll be wishing for just a few more days in college.

I came into college with a lot of AP credits, and I was looking over my degree audit this afternoon. I realized how I could be done with college so fast if I wanted to. But I'm choosing to co-op and add a second major and maybe even a minor because I don't want to be in a rush to get out of here.

I want to savor every minute I have in college because just like high school, it's going to be gone before I know it.

No comments: