Sunday, February 2, 2014

Life Happenings

I was looking over my pictures and posts recently and realized that a LOT of stuff hasn't made the blog yet. January just flew by and there simply aren't enough days to get everything done, and sometimes blogging gets put on the back burner.

Here's some of the {crazy} things that have been happening lately.....

A cold January called for lots of cuddling with my sweet puppy!

I got two appointed officer positions in my sorority (Assistant Treasurer and Alumnae Relations), so I'm super excited about that!

The weather has been absolutely horrible lately. I took this picture a few weeks ago after {thankfully} arriving safely to school after what was the worst snow conditions I've ever driven in. We ended up closing early that day. We've had quite a bit of delays, early dismissals, and off days due to the weather. This is definitely the worst winter I can remember.

I was sick a few weeks ago and spent the day on the couch with Coco. I'm not sure what I was more upset about: being sick or the fact that I broke my SEVEN year record of not throwing up. On the bright side, I should be good on getting sick again until I'm at least 25 ;)

I took this screen shot of the cold temperatures last Saturday night because I actually went out despite the cold. Some of my cousins and I went to a place called Sky Zone, which is a giant indoor trampoline park. It was so funny, and I wish I would have had my phone to take some pictures and videos. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life considering I fell just about every other jump. Ha! We went and got shakes afterwards at Steak & Shake, and it was just a really good night.

Last Monday a few of my friends and I went out to Jungle Jim's because we had an assignment for one of our classes where we had to experience some new culture. What better way to do that than through food?!

We had to get some treats at the BonBonerie section (even though that doesn't count as experiencing new culture!).

My Triple Chocolate Truffle - yum!

This was everything I ended up buying. I'm especially excited to try out the gnocci tonight.

My really strange food item was this pack of seaweed. If eating seaweed doesn't count as stepping far outside of your comfort zone and trying new things, I don't know what is. And for the record, I would definitely NOT recommend trying it any time soon. Gross!

Tuesday we were called off yet again for the weather since with the wind chill it was close to -30 degrees. So crazy. It may have been too cold to walk around campus, but it wasn't too cold for a trip to the mall! I went into the Disney store and thought this Frozen mug was SO cute. I'm pretty much obsessed with that movie, and I thought this mug was really fun.

I ended up buying this adorable shirt at Anthropologie. It was on sale, and even though it was still a little more than I would usually spend, I thought it was just too cute and unique to pass up. I saw it online a few weeks ago and hadn't been able to get it out of my head.

I snapped this picture on Friday of a pond by my house. It was just about completely frozen. But yesterday? The temperature was close to 60 degrees. Our weather is so bipolar.

Fridays have turned into a combination of a productive and fun day. I don't have class or work, so I've been trying to use the time to catch up on homework, but it's also given me time to get out and have some fun. I had to go into school this Friday though for both work and class, so I treated myself to some coneys for lunch. I have a problem with rewarding myself for getting through things with food - ha!

That afternoon my friend Courtney and I went to Yoga Alive, which is a yoga studio that offers hot yoga. It ended up being really fun even though I don't think I've ever sweat that much in my entire life. When they say hot yoga, they mean hot. It was relaxing though and cleansing in an odd sort of way. We also got Yagoot afterwards. Perfect Friday afternoon!

I went out to the mall again yesterday with my mom because she had to return some things. I got a cookie dough truffle from Godiva, so that alone made it worth the trip out there :)

We also went to dinner at Outback last night with our family friends. It had been forever since I'd had Outback, and their Shrimp Parmesan Pasta hit the spot.

Then we stopped over our friends' house to see this puppy. It's a really long story, but this puppy was abandoned and they wound up with it to try and find it a home. They've got someone who wants it, so they're just keeping it for a few days. He was really cute and sweet.

Can you believe it's February already?! I've got another busy, but fun, month ahead. I'm ready for spring now though!

No comments: