Friday, February 21, 2014

Recently.

I am finally (after almost an entire month) getting time to sit down and actually blog! It's crazy how much I've missed it, but I just haven't been able to justify spending the time journaling about my life when I've hardly had even enough time just to live it - ha!

This picture pretty much sums up a lot of what I've been doing lately: homework. I went the first five weeks of the semester without any exams, and then I had three within a week. I've been spending a lot of time studying, and I'm just super relieved that those exams are behind me now and that I have a few more weeks until any more :)

Sometimes in the midst of a hectic school/work day, you just have to treat yourself to your favorite candy bar. At least that's what I do!

I took this picture on my last snow day, which was the 5th. It's crazy how many snow days we've had, but it's been nice at the same time to have days to just catch up. I may not go to school on snow days, but I honestly think I get more work done than on the days I do actually have school.

Plus it's nice to have a super cute puppy to snuggle with inside all day!


My mom's birthday was the 7th, so we celebrated with breakfast at Price Hill Chili. Then while she was at work, I ran out to the BonBonerie to pick up some treats.


I went with the intent of picking up a few cookies for my family. But I went when I was really hungry, so I ended up getting a red velvet cupcake for myself, as well as one of their chocolate caramel macarons because they are the absolute best, and I couldn't resist! (It's honestly a miracle I'm not 500 pounds).

I ended up enjoying the cupcake for lunch that day ;)

My family also went out for dinner that night at Moerlein downtown. I am absolutely obsessed with that restaurant, so I was extremely happy my mom picked it for her birthday dinner. I'm already thinking that I may probably want to go there for my birthday this year. Their menu is great, but the blueberry cobbler? I die......

This is pretty much how I look when I first wake up in the morning too.....

Two weekends ago I went out with a few old grade school friends and it was so much fun. I love how you can go months without seeing some friends and then still pick up just where you left off. We had originally planned to go to Sky Zone, but it was so crazy crowded that we ended up at Dave & Busters instead.

We also grabbed dinner at Chick-fil-a and spent some time shopping in Target. Honestly, I don't think there's anything better than spending a Saturday night laughing and catching up with old friends that you don't see much of anymore.

We also picked up these Oreos at Target (because hello - cookie dough Oreos?!). They were good but didn't actually taste a whole lot like cookie dough, so I was a little disappointed.

I've still got a few more things to post about (including some Valentine's baking projects!), but I think I'll stop here for now. I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: