Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Weekend 2014

This Labor Day Weekend was nice, but nothing overly exciting. I didn't go to a cookout with family, swim one last time, or see a fireworks display. It was not a stereotypical Labor Day Weekend filled with sun, and food. But it was an extremely productive long weekend, and for that, I am grateful.

I have class on Fridays this semester, which is already a bit of an adjustment after not having Friday class spring semester. I made my schedule though so that I am done with class by 11 and don't have to go into work at all. I loved having my Friday afternoons last semester to get caught up on homework, so I decided to do that again this semester. I find that I'm often so busy during the day and at night with class, work, and meetings that I don't have a lot of time to do homework during the week. That's why I try to get a lot done on the weekends!

This Friday though I needed a little break from school work and my mom was out of work early too, so we went to see the movie If I Stay in the afternoon. I read the book a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed both the book and the movie. I would for sure recommend seeing the movie! We also grabbed ice cream at Zip Dip afterwards and went to dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant with some friends. It was a really nice Friday after the first week of school!

The rest of my weekend had pretty much consisted of doing a lot of homework. I have actually been so proud of how productive I've been this weekend! I have a TON of stuff going on this week because recruitment starts on Thursday night for my sorority. I know I'm not going to have a whole lot of time to do homework, so I tried to get as much school work completed as possible over the weekend. I did two homework assignments, wrote a three page paper, and read the equivalent of about four textbook chapters. It's been a lot of work, but I feel so good going into this week already prepared.

On Sunday afternoon though my mom and I got out of the house for a little while and went shopping at my favorite mall. It had been a long time since I had been out to that mall, so I was thrilled. I also noticed in Macy's that they seemed to be clearing out a lot of room on the bottom level, which is where they put their Christmas merchandise each year. Yes, I am already getting excited for the thought of Christmas decor popping up in Macy's soon!

The main reason I was excited to go shopping is because I had a $50 Sephora gift card burning a hole in my pocket. The credit card I have does the reward points for every dollar you charge, and I recently got up to enough points to get a free $50 gift card, and when I saw that Sephora was one of the options, I was ecstatic. I've had a number of makeup items on my wish list, and I've been holding off on buying them until I got the gift card. I ended up getting the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact in Highlight 01 along with the Bite Luminous Creme Lipstick in Retsina. I also had enough points to get a sample of the Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. Nothing makes me more happy than new makeup!

Today I slept in and worked on more homework throughout the day. I had a meeting up at school this evening, so I ran up there real quick.

Now I'm looking forward to taking a relaxing shower and watching a movie in bed before another hectic week begins!

No comments: