Friday, August 29, 2014

Summer & School

I just realized that I never got around to posting about my last week of summer or my first week of school, so that's what I'm doing today!

My last week of summer was spent doing sorority stuff all day every day. We have Spirit Week each year before school starts to prepare for recruitment. The best part was being able to see my friends that I hadn't seen all summer! We ate dinner at Panera one night after our workshops and got dessert at a new frozen yogurt place a different night.....

On Friday morning I treated myself to a Starbucks because by that point I was pretty tired and needed some coffee to pep me up!

We had a sisterhood event that night at Kings Island and it was a blast! I hadn't been to Kings Island in years but I had been dying to go all summer and hadn't had the opportunity. This was perfect! There was a chance of rain and it was really humid, so the park was pretty much empty so we walked on just about every ride. It was a fantastic night to go!

We stayed until the park closed, and I snapped this picture of the Eiffel Tower while we were on our way out. Standing there looking up at the replica made me dream a little bit about when I'll be doing the same thing under the real Eiffel Tower in Paris..... ;)

On Saturday evening I went to a party for my cousin who is moving to Chicago. It was nice to be around my family after such a crazy and hectic week!

My request for my last day of summer on Sunday was to eat at my favorite restaurant.....Moerlein! So after church, my family headed downtown for lunch that of course ended with my favorite blueberry cobbler. It was a great way to end a fantastic summer!

This week of school has been a little crazy. After being out of class for so long, it's a little weird to be getting back in the routine of class, homework, and sorority meetings. I've already got a long list of things I need to get done this weekend for school! One thing that has been great about this semester though is that I have no 8 AM classes for the first time, so I get to sleep in a little every day. I'm already loving getting some more sleep and having a little extra time to cuddle with Coco in the morning....


I'm really looking forward to this holiday weekend - I hope you have a great long weekend as well!

No comments: