Monday, August 11, 2014

Lumenocity

Last weekend was the perfect mix being busy and doing nothing. It's fun to be doing a bunch of stuff in the summer, but at the same time, sometimes it's nice to have some time to just lay around your house and chill. I did a little bit of both last weekend and it was great!

On Friday my mom and I headed out to do some shopping just to get out of the house for a little while. We went to an outdoor shopping center that has a Coldstone, and I just had to stop in and get my favorite Cake Batter with Oreos!

We stopped in at Hallmark, and I was admittedly a little excited to see that they have Halloween and Christmas stuff out already. It kind of makes me want to bake a pumpkin dessert and turn on Christmas Vacation ;)

I love spending summer nights watching a movie with this girl cuddled up beside me!

She likes cuddling with me while I read a book too.....

On Sunday night, I went to Lumenocity downtown. This is the second year they've done this event (I went last year too). The Cincinnati Pops and Symphony put on a free show, and they also put on a really neat light show using Music Hall as a backdrop. It was so popular last year that you needed a ticket to get in this year, and we were lucky enough to grab some even though they sold out in less than 10 minutes. They also have a bunch of food vendors down there, so we got there early to eat dinner and walk around before the show started. I was so happy my favorite gelato food truck was there again this year!

The show was SO good. They really changed it up for last year, which was neat. I definitely enjoyed getting to see it again.




Hope you have a great Monday!

No comments: