Friday, August 15, 2014

Birthday Fun

This past weekend was full of a lot of birthday stuff.

On Friday I worked on a cake order. This was actually the first time anyone has asked me to make a cake for them - it's always just been cake pops or cupcakes. It had also been forever since I had a made and decorated a cake anyway, so it was a lot of fun getting to do that again. I'm thinking the last cake I made (aside from cakes I crumbled up into cake pops) was my wedding cake!

And you want to know something funny? I have horrible cursive writing. Like really bad. If I sign my name with a pen, you can hardly even read it. But my cursive is pretty good when I write on a cake with a piping bag full of buttercream. I feel like it ought to be harder to write with a piping bag than a pen. Ha!

Last Friday, my cousin (well technically my cousin's daughter) celebrated her birthday by having a bunch of girls from her class over. My mom and I went over to help, and it was so much fun. It made me really miss being that age and having birthday parties with my friends. It was a Frozen theme (I'm pretty sure every young girl is going to have a Frozen party this year!). How sweet is this shot of them watching the movie? A part of me wishes I was this little again!

Love this picture! What's a party without cake?!

We had so much fun celebrating!

The rest of the weekend/week wasn't as exciting. The highlight of my Sunday was going to Target. They are having a huge movie sale (4 movies for $15!), so we snatched up some good ones.

My Monday started off with car trouble. Not the way you want to start off a new week. I was late to work because while I was driving there, a part on the bottom of my car came loose and was dragging on the ground. I had to pull over and wait for my dad to come and help me fix it. So crazy! After we dropped off my car at the repair shop that night, I had to make a stop at Graeter's. It had been a not-so-good Monday, and Black Raspberry Chip ice cream was just what I needed to end my day on a better note.

On Tuesday my mom and I headed out to lunch at Mellow Mushroom. I had never been there before, but I thought it was good. We also grabbed Orange Leaf next door since we had a Groupon that was about to expire before doing a little shopping.

I'm going to miss spending so much time with this dog when I go back to school.....

Wednesday was a great day! It was my last full day of work until probably December or January. Wahooo! I also had lunch at Panera and came home to a fabulous dinner of Blueberry French Toast.

I feel like this week has been the calm before the storm. From here on out, it's absolute craziness (like something going on every day) until September 20th. Yikes!

No comments: