Monday, August 25, 2014

Back to School

Today is my first day back to school. I feel like I have a love/hate relationship with the first few days of school. You don't really have any homework yet and it's a lot of just going over the syllabus.


I'm a little happy to get back into a routine. Although I've loved the laid back do-nothing days of summer, I also like feeling productive.

However, the homework, the tests, the late night study sessions? Not really looking forward to those.

I've always been a good student, so I'm not too worried about handling the classes. I'm just worried about having too much to do.

I'm not one of those people who signs up for everything. I like concentrating my time on just a few things. I know myself, and I need a good night's sleep and time to relax throughout the day in order to keep my sanity.

But looking at my planner, at least for the first month of school, I get a little overwhelmed with everything I have going on. Classes, homework, sorority recruitment, Homecoming events - it's a lot.

And I may be tired already, and I may be slightly stressed out, but then I remember how I'm already 1/4 of the way through college. In reality, I always think to myself how I don't want college to end because college can be pretty darn awesome. Sure, you have stressful weeks and late nights finishing up homework, but that doesn't seem too bad when you think about all of the fun things about college.

Yes, I'm a little nervous to go back to class today. But I'm also excited for another year of college memories.

No comments: