Friday, August 22, 2014

Summer 2014

I start my sophomore year of college on Monday, and so this is my last weekend of summer. This was quite possibly the best summer ever. It was the longest summer I've had but it was also just filled with so many fun things.

I always like to do a little summer recap right before I go back to school, so here are some of the amazing things I've done this summer.....

Summer kicked off with my trip to Montreal (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3). This was hands down the highlight of my freshman year of college. I had SO much fun with my learning community, and I still think of this trip all the time and wish I could go back. I loved pretty much everything about the trip!



I celebrated my 19th birthday!

I went to a few Red's games (here and here).


I ate Zip Dip a few lot of times.

I went on the best vacation I've ever been on to Alaska, which is my new favorite state. I know I've written this many times before, but Alaska was absolutely gorgeous, and I feel so blessed to have been able to travel there.




I spent a few days relaxing by the pool. This summer was actually a pretty mild one for the most part, so I didn't get to swim as much as I would have liked to.

I read a LOT of books, including re-reading the entire Harry Potter series. I'm planning on doing a post about all of the good books I read this summer soon.

I went to the zoo with my cousins.

I spent several days downtown with friends.


I finally started my baking business.

I spent so much time with family.

I went to Rita's a few times :)

I traveled to Georgia to go to my cousin's wedding.

And I finished my summer with Spirit Week with my sorority where we've been spending all day together preparing for recruitment.

This was an unbelievable last summer. If this had to be my last summer, at least it was a memorable one. The summer of 2014 will always be a summer filled with memories that I will cherish forever.

No comments: