Friday, July 18, 2014

Summer Days

With all of my recent Alaska posts, I feel like it's been a while since I did an update on what I have been doing lately.

This summer has been absolutely amazing so far. I've been out of school since the end of April, I've taken two separate trips (Montreal and Alaska), and I've had a lot of time to relax and spend time with family and friends.

Here's some of the things I've been up to since the 4th of July.....

Unfortunately, at the beginning of last week, I came down with an illness. I ended up leaving work early on Monday because I felt so bad. I came down with something that persisted longer than I would have expected, but I've been thankfully getting better each day and am pretty much completely back to normal now. One of the only perks of being sick though? Eating some of my all time favorite ice cream!

I had been really nervous when I wasn't feeling well on Monday because I had a busy day on Tuesday, and I didn't want to have to miss any of it. I picked up some hours at work and tried out a cute new place for lunch called Highway 55. It was like an old fashioned diner with burgers, fries, and shakes.

That evening I went to the Red's game with some of my KBS friends. It was fun getting to see some of my school friends that I haven't seen in a while!

I snapped this picture of downtown while I was going to get ice cream. I thought the sky looked so cool!

I'm not a big sports fan. I never watch sports on TV, but I LOVE going to Red's games. It just feels like summer to me.

On Wednesday night I met my mom for dinner at Incline House after work. That's a cute little restaurant that I love to go to because they have the best food and view of the city.

My mom and I went to the Princess Diana exhibit that's been in town for a few months now on Thursday afternoon. I loved it because I am totally fascinated with England's monarchy. I think Diana was an amazing woman, and I am now obsessed with William and Kate. It was interesting to learn more about Princess Diana's life. My favorite thing was that they had her wedding gown on display. I thought it was SO neat to see that in real life.

The train on that dress is insane.

THIS is what summer is all about. I spent last Friday relaxing by our friends' pool. I'm not a big swimmer, but laying out by the pool and getting in to cool off every once in a while is perfect.

On Saturday morning, my mom and I went downtown to Washington Park because they were having the City Flea. Basically, they have a little flea market there once a month and a bunch of vendors come and set up booths and sell things. There were also food trucks parked around the outside of the park, so we got lunch and browsed through the market. I loved it and thought it was so fun.


One of my favorite dessert food trucks was there, so I had to stop and get a cupcake. This time I went for Death by Chocolate. Yum!

That night my family and I went with some of our friends to a park for an outdoor concert. It was a fun summer night!

This summer has been busy, but I've been enjoying every minute of it.

No comments: