Friday, July 25, 2014

Relaxing & Shopping

I figured I would take another break from my Alaska posts today to write about some more recent and random things.....

A few weeks ago I cleaned out my room. I did a lot of organizing, and now I'm making a point to keep it nice and organized. Cleaning it out also inspired me to do some much need updates to my room. Almost all of the pictures in my room are several years old, and I don't have any pictures with my new college friends. I still have yet to order new pictures, but I went out last week and got a new frame for my desk. I'm on the lookout for some more frames because I threw out a few old ones that were falling apart, but I loved this one! Now I just need a cute picture to go in it.

I met some friends on my lunch break last week and got a smoothie to take back to the office for the afternoon. Sometimes you just need a good lunch break with friends to get through a long work day.

I know I've written about this before, but I am a movie person. I hardly ever watch TV (I haven't kept up with a TV show regularly for several years), and I don't have Netflix. But I love movies. Lately though I haven't watched any movies, so I deliberately set aside time to watch one of my favorites this past week - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days!

One of the reasons I haven't been watching any movies is because I've been obsessed with reading. I've gone through so many books this summer, and I've been re-reading the entire Harry Potter series. I just finished this one the other day, so now I'm onto the last book in the series. That kind of makes me sad all over again.....

Last Friday was one of my favorite days of summer - it was an Easton shopping trip day! Easton is a shopping place up in Columbus, and I've been going up there a couple times a year for a long time now. My mom and I go up once every summer, and then last year I introduced my friend Danielle to Easton. She loved it just as much as I do, so we decided to go again this summer. Friends, sweets, and lots of good shopping - what could be better?!

One of my favorite things about Easton is all of the sweet shops they have. They have an ice cream place there called Jeni's that I love to stop at because they have such unique flavors. I always ask to sample a few different flavors before I order because I like to try them all. Somehow I always end up getting the same thing though - Brown Butter Almond Brittle and the Milkiest Chocolate in the World. So delicious!


I always like to stop in the American Girl store too because it reminds me so much of my childhood. I was obsessed with American Girl dolls, and I like looking around to see what dolls they have out these days. A part of me is also a little jealous that I never got to take my doll to the cafe since there was never a store close to where I lived when I was younger. Ha!

I also did a lot of damage as far as shopping is concerned ;) My best purchase was a new suit! I'm so excited to have a nicer blazer and pants that fit me well. I am also totally obsessed with these navy Kate Spade studs I bought. I needed some navy jewelry for recruitment this fall, and I've been eyeing these studs for a while, so I figured it only made sense to get them in navy! I've been wearing them a lot these last few days because they go well with everything.

When we decided to go to Easton, I was super excited because they have a C. Wonder store there, and ever since I cleaned up my room, I've been wanting one of their decorative initial plates for my room.

I put it on my dresser and am using it to hold my jewelry I wear everyday. Such a cute and easy way to spice up a dresser!

I wanted to share this buy too! I read some reviews online saying that this was a really good face mask, so I had to try it. I've only used it twice because they recommend using it once or twice a week, but I really like it. When you put it on your skin, the mask warms up and feels so good. Plus it left my skin feeling soft. I'm excited to use this some more!

One of my other favorite stops at Easton is a chocolate shop called Le Chocolique. They have the most gorgeous looking chocolate truffles in tons of different flavors. It's always a struggle to just pick out one to try. This time, I went for the Lavender Truffle. It was a dark chocolate truffle with a hint of lavender, and I really enjoyed it.

I hope you have an awesome weekend! I don't have a whole lot planned, and I am actually really excited about that :)

No comments: