Friday, July 11, 2014

4th of July

I'm taking a break today from my Alaska posts to write about last week and the 4th of July!

Getting back into the groove of things after coming back from such a long trip took a little while to get used to, and I had a busy week on top of it.

Last Tuesday I went swimming with my cousins. I definitely feel like the older I get the less time I have to swim in the summer. I can remember years where I went swimming at least once a week, but I had only gone swimming once prior to Tuesday. So crazy!

On Wednesday night I went to dinner with some friends. We've kind of started this Wednesday night after work dinner/hang out thing. It always makes the work day go a little faster when you know you have a night with some friends ahead of you. We stopped at Yagoot last week, which was even better ;)

I snapped this picture of a deer out my front window at home. I walked by the window, saw something out of the corner of my eye, and when I did a double take, I saw a deer just staring right back at me. I thought deer were supposed to be afraid of people?!

I decided kind of last minute to make some 4th of July cake pops for a party we were going to. I figured I had a bunch of red, white, and blue sprinkles that I might as well take the opportunity to use them. I worked on the cake pops Thursday afternoon, and I thought they were very patriotic!



That night, we went to a local fireworks display that we go to every year with family friends. There is just something about fireworks that makes it feel like summer.

Coco was my patriotic puppy on the 4th with her bandanna!

I had such a great 4th of July. My family and I went over our friends' house and relaxed by their pool all day. We were the only ones over there, so I spent a lot of time getting a tan and cooling off in the pool. We grilled out and had a ton of yummy food. In the evening, we had our annual Uno competition, sat around a bonfire, shot off Roman Candles, and did sparklers. It was absolute perfection!

On Saturday my family took a last minute trip down to Findlay Market. I love going down there because they sell the best stuff! We shared a waffle down there and just walked around. Such a fun thing to do in Cincinnati during the summer.

I also picked up a cookie that I enjoyed later. I'm a sucker for sweets ;)

I spent pretty much all day Sunday at home getting a lot of stuff done. One of the things I finally accomplished was transferring a bunch of dates to my new 2014-2015 life planner!! The nerdy/organizational side of me was so happy about that. Ha!

Such a fun summer weekend back at home!

No comments: