Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014

This was a pretty darn good weekend. Like one of the best weekends in a long time. The weather was gorgeous - sunny and warm (heck, actually HOT at times!). I was also busy all weekend with friends and family, and it was just so fun. It makes me extra thankful for all the men and women who have fought for our country so that I can live my simple (yet still fun) life in Cincinnati!

On Friday I got up and went for a walk at the park by myself. Sometimes it's just so nice to crank up some music on your iPhone and take a nice walk by the river. I need to do it more often!

Friday afternoon was spent baking and cuddling with Coco.

This is what happens when I try to take a cute picture with my pup. She's a psycho.

But this one turned out better ;)

That night I went to the Red's game with some friends. We had dinner outside at the Banks before, and it was just perfect. When we got to our seats, I couldn't stop thinking about how it felt so much like summer since the sun was shining and it was so warm (we've had a couple of cooler days these past few weeks).


The Red's even won!

Friday night games are always my favorite since they put on a pretty good fireworks show at the end.


When we were leaving, we ended up getting stuck in the parking garage for over an hour. Apparently there was a car that broke down while trying to exit the garage, and it ended up taking forever to get the issue resolved and everyone else out. It was so crazy!

Saturday morning I made some cake pop bouquets for graduation parties.

In the afternoon we went to a graduation party for a family friend who is graduating from grade school and will be going to high school at Seton where I went. It's always a little bittersweet to make Seton cake pops these days since every time I do it reminds me of all the times I brought cake pops in for my Seton friends.

I set my alarm Sunday morning to make myself get up and finish some cupcakes for my cousin's college graduation party which was later in the afternoon. The cupcakes ended up turning out pretty good, and the party was so fun. Any day spent laughing and joking with my extended family is a good one!


Today my family and I went downtown for Taste of Cincinnati. I've lived in Cincinnati my entire life and yet had never gone to Taste before. It was so fun too! A bunch of different local restaurants set up booths and sell small samples of a few of their menu items. It gives you a good opportunity to try some things you otherwise might not.


My favorite things we tried were Veal Short Rib Ravioli and this Grilled Cheese Doughnut. They literally take glazed donuts with cheese in the middle and grill it. It sounds disgusting, but oh my gosh - it was SO good. I'm not sure who thought to create that flavor combination, but they are a genius. If you live in Cincinnati and haven't tried the Grilled Cheese Doughnut from Tom + Chee, you really have to!

I loved how they had a whole area of food trucks!

This one of course caught my eye....

....so I just HAD to try their Chocolate Oreo cupcake. I was really impressed too - I loved it!

Now I'm looking forward to an evening at home catching up on some reading, cleaning my room, possibly watching a movie, and snuggling with my patriotic pup :)

I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: