Friday, May 23, 2014

Celebrations.

May always feels like a party month to me. So many people I know have May birthdays (myself included!) that with family birthday parties alone, there is a lot of celebration going on. Then add in Mother's Day, Memorial Day, and graduation parties, and it seems like every week involves some kind of party.

That's just one of the reasons why I love the month of May so much!

This past week was filled with work and celebrations.

One of my friends works with me in the same office, and we've coordinated our work days so we can drive and eat lunch together. She took the day off on Monday though, so that meant I had my lunch break to myself. I took the book I'm reading and sat on campus and read. I was cracking up at how nerdy I was considering I'm not taking classes, and yet I was on campus reading a business book (and actually really enjoying it!). What's wrong with me?! Ha!

When we were at the Greene last weekend, I picked up a cookie from Cheryl's that I finally ate on Monday. They sell such good cookies, and I always try to get one whenever I'm close to a Cheryl's.

The big thing we were celebrating this week was my dad's 50th birthday! I got this idea off of Pinterest and thought it turned out pretty cute.

My mom and I crept downstairs the night before and did a little decorating....


His co-workers also got him good at his office! When I was buying him a birthday card at Target, I was cracking up because the cashier said to me, "Someone's turning 50? Ha - that's unfortunate." It's always funny when you're not the one reaching an old milestone ;)

We had dinner that night at Incline House, which is one of my absolute favorite restaurants. I always get their Short Rib Grilled Cheese because it is just the best.

Yesterday I really didn't do a whole lot. The weather's been getting better and warmer these past few days, so I took a walk, went to work, read some of my book, and crossed some things off of my to-do list.

I posted this picture on Instagram yesterday for Throwback Thursday because one year ago yesterday was my last day of high school, which was spent with my government class on the roof. So, so crazy to think that it's already been an entire year. Where has the time gone?!

I'm so happy it's Friday because I have such a fun weekend planned that of course involves a few more parties ;)

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!

No comments: