Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Friends, Family, Frozen, & Fun!

This past weekend was a really great one. Saturday was a busy day, but that was actually nice after what's felt like so many relaxing do-nothing days.

Friday was another relaxing do-nothing day. I spent most of the day in yoga pants and a jacket getting a few things done, but also just laying around the house :) I did end up going out to dinner with my friend Danielle at Don Pablo's by the river. We also went and got Yagoot afterwards. Great end to an otherwise uneventful day.

On Saturday my family got up early to head to the outlet mall. I went thinking that I wouldn't buy anything because my dad was actually the one who wanted to go to get a new jacket. And then I ended up splitting the cost of a new Coach purse with my mom and buying a statement necklace at J.Crew. Oh well - you only live once, right?

Since the outlets are the way to Dayton, we just had to finish off the trip with a stop at the Greene - one of my favorite outdoor shopping areas!


The Sephora there is hands down my favorite Sephora ever because it's huge and they carry just about every brand! When I was checking out, I was pleasantly surprised that they gave me a free birthday gift of a cute little mascara and lipstick from Make Up For Forever. I've really been impressed with both over the last few days!

Although the Greene is great, the real reason I love it is because it's right across the street from Rita's! I have a serious obsession and really want to open a franchise closer to home ;) I got the Wild Berry ice this time, and I loved it!

That night I headed over my aunt's house for my cousin's birthday party. I love it when my extended family gets together, and I feel like I've been doing a lot of that this month. The party also involved a very intense game of four square, and I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard. Let's just say that there were kids saying curse words and conspiracies against the adults (I've also never felt so old for grade school kids referring to me as an adult)......

Sunday was filled church and then a bunch of errands. I finally got home in the afternoon and spent the rest of the afternoon working on a Frozen cake pop order.

This was actually the second order I've had for Frozen cake pops (you can see my first batch from back in February here). I kept pretty much everything the same except for Olaf's nose. He was a tough one to do, but I think the big carrot looking nose helped him look a little bit more realistic this time around.

"I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face!"

It was such a fun weekend of eating out, shopping, celebrating, and baking. Even though it was a little chilly, I was grateful for all of the sunshine!

No comments: