Monday, May 19, 2014

Time Well Wasted

The other day at work, I was listening to my iPod of shuffle, and the song "Time Well Wasted" by Brad Paisley came on. I couldn't help but think how the song accurately describes what I've been doing lately. I feel like a lot of my days have been spent just sitting around my house reading, blogging, playing on Pinterest, and occasionally getting a few things done. It's definitely been time well wasted though! (If you've never heard the song, you can listen to it here!).

Last Saturday my family did our annual Mother's Day flower planting at my grandma's house. It was a rainy day, so after we were done, we got ice cream at Zip Dip, and then I headed home and spent the rest of the day relaxing and watching movies.

On Mother's Day, my family went downtown and ate dinner at Crave. We have a new development that just opened a few years ago with a bunch of restaurants right by the baseball stadium, and I love any excuse to go do there since it's so pretty right by the river.

We also saw Phantom of the Opera that night. For being a "classic" play, we were all disappointed. On the way home, we ended up Googling a synopsis of the play since it jumped around a lot and we left confused on what the heck had happened. I've heard people say that Phantom is one of the best plays, but I just wasn't that impressed.

On Tuesday morning, my mom and I watched my little cousin Savannah. Just ignore the fact that I'm looking a little crazy in this picture. My allergies were really bad that day, and I didn't feel like putting on makeup. I may or may not have added filters to this picture to reduce the severity of my undereye circles. Ha!

We also did tattoos. Well actually, my mom and I did tattoos because Savannah didn't want any. For being kid tattoos, these are high quality! I still have it on despite taking several showers and shaving over top of it.

Tuesday was a really hot day (it got close to 90 degrees), so I spent the rest of the day reading my book. I opened up the windows and front door to let the breeze and light in, and it was perfect.

Then it went from being 90 on Tuesday to being 50 on Thursday. I literally switched my summer and winter clothes on Tuesday, and then had to break out some of my winter clothes again. Bummer. I was actually really impressed with my outfit though because I used some inspiration from Pinterest to put together an outfit I usually wouldn't have put together but ended up loving.

My cousin's spring concert was Thursday night, so I went to that. Every time I go back to a grade school, I always feel so old. Ha!


Have a great Monday! I'm looking forward to a few more days this week of time well wasted ;)

No comments: