Sunday, October 24, 2010

Brown County

This weekend my Mom's side of the family went to Brown County in Indiana. I had a TON of fun. This fall trip has become a little tradition, and I look forward to it every year. Everyone always has a lot of fun, but it always goes way too fast :/ We got there on Friday night and just hung around the hotel.

Maddie, Sydney, and I. Maddie's face cracks me up here :)


We went to dinner at the restaurant in the hotel, and then just hung out in the hallway and in every one's room. I mainly played with Sydney and Casey.

Their faces crack me up here. Can you tell they were having a good time??

Sydney and Casey again:


On Saturday we got up and went to breakfast at McDonald's. Then we headed out to the outlets! YAY! I was SO excited because I actually had money to spend, and it was burning a hole in my pocket. Unfortunately, I only bought 2 things! I couldn't believe it. Doesn't it always seem that when you actually have money, you can never find anything you like? Well I did end up getting a scarf at Banana Republic, and a headband at J.Crew. I normally don't wear headbands, but I love this one.


After the outlets we headed into town and just walked around there. They have a lot of cute little shops and crafty stuff, but it was crazy crowded. You could barely walk on the sidewalks. But we did end up getting a cute cute that we are going to hang up in our family room. I LOVE this quote!


My dad and I in a little swing we found....


We came back to the hotel room to rest for a little bit, and I ended up falling asleep! I was SO tired. But once I woke up I decided to take a picture of this cookie jar we brought with us. Now there is a story behind the cookie jar. My grandma used to have this cookie jar when I was a little girl, and she always had it filled with those iced animal cookies. After she died, I took the cookie jar and it has sat in our basement ever since. Well, my mom thought it would be a good idea to get it out this weekend and fill it with the same cookies my grandma used to fill it with. The cookies brought back a lot of good memories for me :)


And since I am a total dork, I took a video of me opening the jar....


Saturday night we got a conference room all to ourselves and ordered pizza. We had a Halloween party, and all of the kids dressed up in their costumes and went trick-or-treating.

Sassy & I


Collin, a.k.a Buzz Lightyear


Everyone in their costumes:


Catie and myself in our costumes ;)


All of the grandchildren (who were on the trip) with my grandpa.


We bought Halloween silly bands for the kids, but I had to steal a witch one for myself....


After our party, we sat in the hall for a little while and just talked and laughed. Sometimes having fun with your family is EXACTLY what you need :) This morning we got up (a little earlier than I would have liked) and went to breakfast in town. After breakfast we stopped by a little park in the town and took some pictures.

I think this one of Maddie & I is really cute!


Maddie loves to stick her tongue out for pictures - ha!


My family <3


After our photo-op, we all just kind of went home. There isn't a whole lot to do in town, and we had hit everything the day before.

I just made this collage, and I had to add it to this post!


I LOVE these weekends though because I think they are just too fun. I love being with my family, and I always laugh SO much when I'm with them. I wouldn't trade these moments for anything.

No comments: