Friday, February 4, 2011

Trust

Do you read Sara @ Gitzen Girl's blog? If not, you really should! She truly has a way with words, and her posts always inspire me. She has written some great posts, my favorites being Longing or LivingStop Looking and Start Acknowledging, and Praise.  Her post on Praise is more specifically what I want to focus on today. Sara decided to pick a word that she was going to use to define 2011. She chose Praise. Then she encouraged all of her readers to pick their word for 2011. And yesterday she posted a list of all of the words.
So, what word did I pick? Trust.

That's what I want to focus on this year. Trust.
Trusting in my friends and family. But most importantly, trusting in God.
I'm choosing to trust that God is always there.
We walk by faith, not by sight. - 2 Corinthians 5: 7

I'm choosing to trust that I will always have the power to find the best things in life, no matter how tough life gets.
Though war be waged against me, even then do I trust. - Psalm 27: 3

I'm choosing to trust that my life is in God's hands.
Now to him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine, by the power at work within us. - Ephesians 3:20

I'm choosing to trust that if I focus on God, I can do anything.
I have the strength for everything through him who empowers me. - Philippians 4:13

I'm choosing to trust that God's plan is far greater than anything I have planned for myself.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

I'm choosing to trust that the little things in life don't matter. I shouldn't stress about the insignificant things. The clothes I wear, the grades I get, and the amount of money isn't what is truly important in life.
Let the Lord have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you! - 1 Peter 5:1

So I'm choosing to trust this year.

What will you choose to do?

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

I love this post. I really need to focus on trust in God. I have been having some trouble with that. I love the bible quotes you used also. So I dont steal your word, the other word that I would choose is confidence. I really need some of that.