Saturday, September 21, 2013

Future Business Professional and Sorority Girl?

Hey! I'm just dropping in real quick to do a little update on some recent things that have been going on.

First off, who knew that being a business student for a month results in having to dress business casual and business professional so much? Definitely not me. I'm not complaining though, because I really don't mind dressing up and looking nice. I'm just a little shocked at how frequently I've had the dress the part of a business professional when I still feel like I am far from being a business pro :)

Earlier this week I had to be in business professional attire for an interview for one of the business fraternities on campus. I'm really excited to say that I got a bid from them on Friday! I guess I'm one step closer to being a business professional - ha! I took this picture as I was sitting outside waiting to go in for the interview. I had a little glimpse of future UC graduate/business professional me and it was a little scary....

In other news, it looks like I may be a future sorority girl as well! I'm going through formal recruitment on campus right now, and although I can't share any specifics yet, I'm really excited about the process already. I really think a sorority is going to be something I enjoy. On Wednesday night my recruitment group met for frozen yogurt and watched a little bit of the soccer game. It's been fun to branch out a little bit and meet some new people.

Tonight I stayed home, caught up on some homework, and ran and grabbed Chick-fil-a for dinner with my sweet puppy.

I was so tired from recruitment. Oh my goodness. I was not expecting it to be SO MUCH TALKING. I've honestly enjoyed the experience so far, but it is so much talking it's insanity. Every house you go to, you talk to people for about 40 minutes straight, and I've gone to 8 houses in the past 2 days. So basically, the equates to a lot of talking, which is really more like screaming because all the houses are so loud.

I'll share more about the recruitment process and everything next week after I {hopefully} receive a bid and get accepted into one of the chapters. They've asked us to keep everything hush hush for now though.......

No comments: