Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Photography Apps

I get in grooves when it comes to apps. I'll love an app for a few weeks, then I won't use it for a long time, and then I'll start using it again. I've got a bunch of photography apps that I tend to do the same thing with. Sometimes I'll edit a photo I take on my iPhone, but sometimes I won't.

But today I thought I'd show you all the photography apps I have and which ones are my favorite. Maybe you'll find a new app to download!

I'm not big on using the folders to organize my apps, but I do have a photography folder just since I have so many photography apps.

I have a few that don't fit into my photography folder, so those are just kind of scattered throughout the rest of my apps.....


First I'll show some of the apps that I have and like but aren't my favorite.

Snapseed - FREE!
You can do a lot of basic editing with this app. Straightening, cropping, and adding filters and frames are all things that are easy with this app.

Camera Awesome - FREE!
This one is similar to Snapseed in that it has a lot of basic editing features. However, what makes it different is that you actually take the picture through the app instead of through the basic camera that comes on the phone. Personally, I don't like that as much, which is why this app isn't my favorite.

Cinemagram - FREE!
I have actually never really used this app, but it's on my phone for some reason. The idea behind this app is that you create really short videos and then share them. I think it could be fun if a lot of your friends were on it, but mine aren't.

SplitCam - FREE!
This is an app that I think is really neat but I always seem to forget about it. The app allows you to take two pictures and kind of blends them together into one. I love the idea behind it!

Insta Booth - FREE!
This one doesn't get used that often, but I think it's such a fun app to have. It allows you to take lots of silly pictures with tons of different special effects.

Now these are my top photography app picks and the ones I would definitely recommend that everyone should download......

BeFunky Photo Editor - FREE!
This one has tons and tons of filters and things you can do with your pictures, and most of them I just ignore completely. My absolute favorite feature of this app is the Vibrance filter. It really enhances the colors of your picture and makes it look 10X prettier!

Big Lens - $0.99
This one is SO fun because it makes your iPhone pictures look like you took them with a DSLR camera. You can choose what parts of the photo you want in focus, and then it blurs the background. Love it!

TouchRetouch - $0.99
This app makes photo editing a breeze. If you have a picture that has a telephone pole, unwanted people, wires, or anything you don't want in the picture, all you have to do is highlight over it, and the app takes it out. It's so much easier than photoshop.

360 Panorama - $0.99
This is one of my all time favorite apps and the one that I use to create those 360 pictures. I love doing them when I'm vacation, and then you can upload your panoramas to Twitter, Facebook, or your blog. I absolutely adore this app.

TrueHDR - $1.99
This app is neat if you're trying to take a picture of something with a really bright background that would normally result in a dark foreground. This app takes 3 pictures and fuses them together to make a picture that looks perfectly exposed. The only downfall is that the subject can't be moving since it has to take 3 photos.

Diptic - $0.99
This app is the absolute best for creating picture collages. There are tons of different layouts (some of which are really different and unique!). I love using this app.

Bokehful - $0.99
This app is neat because it allows you to add bokeh to your pictures in whatever colors you want, wherever you want!

A Beautiful Mess - $0.99
This is my newest photography app, and I am absolutely obsessed with it. You can add filters, borders, graphics, and text (my favorite!) to your pictures. It makes it so easy and cute.

And my favorite photography app ever is.....

Instagram - FREE!
I'm sure you are all familiar with Instagram, but it is my very favorite. I love the filters, I love posting pictures, and I really, really love looking at my friends pictures. Such a fun place to share photos (and videos now too).

What are some of your favorite photography apps?

No comments: