Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunny and 65

Friday was one of my favorite days of spring break. I just had one of those days where I was so happy that I couldn't stop smiling all day.

I slept in and met my dad for lunch downtown. It was fun because I don't normally do that. We had lunch at First Watch, and I got their Fresh Fruit Crepes - my favorite!

Then we went and got some Yagoot. Yum! Plus it was so warm outside that I broke out a new pair of sandals while walking around. The first few times you wear sandals for the season is always something special ;)

I also officially had my first flower spotting of the year. Wahooooo! Summer is so close I can practically taste it.

Since I was downtown and don't get to go downtown all that often, I just HAD to treat myself to a cupcake too. I picked up a chocolate peanut butter one and enjoyed it later in the afternoon!

When I got home, I started working on some cake pops while I watched Frozen for the second time this week. One of my simple pleasures is working on cake pops with a musical turned up loud so I can sing along.

I also went for a really long walk at the park. I cranked up some good country music and didn't want to leave because it was so warm that I was wearing capris and a t-shirt. And I was still hot! It felt absolutely wonderful to have an afternoon to take my time at the park, listen to some music, and enjoy the weather.

I spent the rest of the afternoon until dinner reading my book outside with Coco on my lap. I don't think there's anything better than soaking up the sunshine and warm air.

After dinner my Friday night consisted of watching the movie Jerry Maguire, which I had never actually watched before.

Friday may have been a pretty simple and relaxing day, but it was one of the best days I've had in a long time because I didn't have anything I had to do or anywhere I had to go, so I could actually spend my time doing things I wanted to do just for fun. I don't think I have near enough days like that in my life so I cherish them when I get them.

And another fabulous thing about Friday? I did absolutely no school work. I'd done at least a little bit of homework every single day of spring break, but I knew that I needed at least one day to take a break from it all, and it was glorious. I didn't check my email or think about school at all, which was just the break I needed.

No comments: