Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hectic Season

I haven't written a blog post in close to two weeks. In fact, I went over a week without even checking up on  the other blogs I regularly read. Last week, I dropped off of all social media for a few days. It's just a hectic season I'm in.

Classes are winding down, which means projects and/or tests in every single class these last few weeks. I've been busy with my sorority too, which is super fun, but that still takes up a lot of my time.

I'm in a weird place in the semester though. Life's crazy busy and I long for a little bit of free time to clear my head, but at the same time, I'm a little scared at how fast the time is going. I only have EIGHT days of class left for my first year of college plus two exams during exam week. That's hardly anything left, and a part of me doesn't like the fact that I'm one month away from turning another year older.

Life is happening too fast.

But even despite the long days, tough classes, and busy agenda, I'm still really enjoying my time in college.

Here's just a few of the fun things that have happened since I last posted....

I took this picture towards the end of spring break, and I love the way that Coco kind of looks like she's smiling too!

For the first day back from spring break, I made summer themed cake pops just for fun to bring in for my learning community. It was nice to make some "just because" - I don't think I've done that in months.

The anchors turned out to be one of my favorites!


One of my professors led a trip to Paris and Belgium over spring break (which I will hopefully be going on in two years!), and she brought back our class chocolate all the way from Belgium. You know I was all over that!

This dog's tongue......such a crazy girl.

Last week, I was in the mood for ice cream, so I ran to the store and picked up these two kinds. I have always been a fan of the Edy's Thin Mint ice cream, so I went looking for that. I was disappointed to see that they no longer sell it, but I picked up the Breyer's version thinking it would be the same. It didn't live up to my expectations though - the ice cream itself was mint flavored and was so overpoweringly minty. Ben & Jerry's Half Baked though? That's still one of my absolute favorite ice creams!

I still have more to catch up on, including my Project 365 for March, but we'll see how long that takes me to get around to :)

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments: