Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Home

I remember when I was little, I always thought Cincinnati was just okay. I used to wonder why anyone would want to move to Cincinnati because it was just Cincinnati - nothing special. But now that I've gotten older, I have a much bigger appreciation for my hometown, and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

Last week was finals week, which meant that I had a lot more time on my hands since I didn't have normal classes and I only had two exams. Plus my mom had a few days off work, so we were able to do some fun things around town, and I just couldn't stop thinking about how much I love living where I live.

We started the week off by going to the Zoo. I feel like I've spent so much time there these last few weeks since I went two weeks in a row for my project, but I love the Cincinnati Zoo so much, and after doing that project, I love it even more! Every spring they have Zoo Blooms when all the flowers bloom, and I love seeing all the pretty flowers each year.






We also got to see a lot of animals. The giraffes are always my favorite!

When we were looking at one of the exhibits, this little monkey came up, put his hand on the glass, and was staring us down.....

How sweet is this mama monkey cuddling with her baby? I can't get over how cute this picture is.

How can these lions be that dangerous? They look so sweet and innocent!

I always love the flamingos too!

The elephant looks like he's smiling here :)

After my accounting exam on Tuesday, my mom and I went to see the movie Heaven is For Real, which I thought was pretty good. We also watched my cousins' dance rehearsal since we couldn't make it to their actual recital.


I worked all day Wednesday but was able to meet some friends for Panera and Orange Leaf on my lunch break. I then spent the rest of the evening studying for my last final.....

Once I was completely done with school on Thursday afternoon, I came home and started working on some trip planning. Wahoooo! If you're reading this now, that means I'm on my way home from my trip, so I'll be blogging about it soon.

Friday (my first day of summer!) was spent picking up a bunch of travel necessities.....

....painting my nails....

.....packing (I think I may have a stowaway!)....

.....eating dinner at Chipotle with my family, and going to my cousin's senior design thesis.

Such a fun week - next I can't wait to blog all about my trip!

No comments: