Thursday, April 24, 2014

Freshman Year of College: Check

I am officially finished with my freshman year of college. It's so weird that it's April 24th and I'm already on summer break. What's even crazier to think about is that I'm 1/4 of the way finished with my undergrad.

I've been doing a lot of thinking back over my first year of college, and it's crazy to me to see how far I've come.

I was thinking about how on orientation I didn't know most of the people in my learning community, but now I've come to be friends with a lot of them, and we're all leaving on a trip together in a few days (!!!).

I also can't help but laugh a little bit when I remember back to the fact that my chair broke in the middle of one of my professors talking to us on orientation, me screaming as I fell out of my chair, and then being completely mortified about it. If that would happen now, I wouldn't really think much about it, but when I hardly knew anyone in KBS? It was super embarrassing :)


The first day of college.....that was also pretty scary. I had a break between some of my classes, and I remember having no idea what I should do or where I should go - ha! I think I ended up going into work even though I wasn't scheduled just to give me something to do.

Looking back over this past school year, here's a few of the highlights that stick out....


Joining Kappa Delta!

Lots of meals with new friends!

Introducing my KBS freshman class to cake pops ;)

Spending school days doing non-traditional things like eating cupcakes downtown.

Kappa Delta semi-formal

Lots and lots of snow days.....

Visiting Danielle in Clemson and road tripping it to Folly Beach and Charleston!

Exploring Jungle Jim's for a class assignment.

Kappa Delta Mom's Weekend.


KD Formal!

Visiting the Zoo a few times for a school project.

When I look back over my first year of college, all I think about are good things.

I've completed projects I thought would be impossible. I've made a lot of new friends and joined some great organizations.

Of course there were times when it was tough, but I wouldn't trade in a minute of it. There were incredibly long days (I may not have technically lived on campus, but there were many days that I spent more time at UC than at my house).

I am incredibly excited for the next few years, but also a little sad at how fast it is going. This is my last summer for who knows how long - probably many years.

Even though the time is going fast and 40 hour work weeks are quickly approaching, I am looking forward to my remaining years of college and the many memories that are sure to come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on finishing your first year in college! I love how you related your experiences so honestly, especially when you talked about your first day. I can see just by looking at all those wonderful photographs that you had tons of fun. That is the first step to a wonderful future. I'm wishing you all the best! :)

Valerie Casey @ Studemont Group