Thursday, January 23, 2014

Charleston {Part 1}

Today I'm continuing to write about my amazing weekend (if you missed my first post on Clemson, you can see that here).

We got up early Saturday morning to make the drive to Charleston and the coast of South Carolina since it was still about a four hour drive. I found another Rita's on the way that we of course had to stop at..... ;)

Since we were going to be so close to the beach, we stopped Saturday afternoon at Folly Beach, which is about an extra 20 minute drive past Charleston. I couldn't bear the thought of being so close to the coast and not seeing the beach - ha!

Our first stop in Folly Beach was lunch. And of course we had to go to a seafood restaurant!



I'm pretty sure there's nothing quite like seeing the beach in January. Although it was a little cold, I was still able to wear flip flops while walking on the beach!


I loved how the sun was glittering off the water. Gorgeous!







We put our feet in the water. It was absolutely freezing, but we did it!

My feet in the sand. In January. Doesn't get much better than that.




After a little walk on the beach, we drove back to Charleston, checked in at our hotel, and set off to explore. The street fronts are so pretty.


I took this picture inside a cute little bakery called Delish. I got a Lavender Chocolate Chip cookie was SO good. I'm never tasted lavender before, it was surprisingly a really good and unique flavor.

We stumbled into this absolutely gorgeous hotel too. I love the fact that you can walk around Charleston and always find something pretty tucked away.


We also spent the afternoon wandering through the City Market and doing some shopping along Kings Street.


I was so excited to find out that Charleston has a Bubba Gump's, which is one of my absolute favorite vacation restaurants.

I'm a creature of habit and always get the Shrimp Shack Mac & Cheese, but it is just the best.

That was my fun filled day at Folly Beach and Charleston. I'll finish up writing about the rest of the trip soon. Hope you all are having a fabulous week!

No comments: