Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Clemson

I haven't blogged in a little while partly because I haven't had much to say and partly because I've been so busy. This past weekend my family and I took a trip to South Carolina! The past few weeks have been full of preparation and trying to get ahead on my homework so I wouldn't have to do anything on my vacation.

My friend Danielle goes to Clemson, so during the summer I started planning a trip over Martin Luther King weekend to visit her. It ended up working out perfect! I don't have class on Friday, so we left Friday morning, spent the afternoon and night at Clemson, got up early, drove to the coast, spent a few hours at Folly Beach and the rest of the weekend in Charleston. My parents stayed at a different hotel, so we all got to do our own thing. It was so much fun!

I have tons of pictures, lots of bakery treats (duh!), and some fun stories to share with you all about my trip over the next few days. So I'm going to jump right in.......

We hit the road Friday morning at 5 AM. Crazy, but we didn't want to waste any time since it was a shorter trip to begin with. We usually have a road trip tradition of stopping at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, but we didn't want to spend the time, so we found the next best thing - a Krispy Kreme location with the hot light on! When I tried fresh Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Destin, I was hooked. I'm obsessed with them now and just wish there was one closer to me.


Glaze waterfall - delicious!

The drive down was through the mountains, and it was really pretty!


You know me - I also scoped out the Rita's along the drive. There was one in Greenville, which was a town we had to drive through to get to Clemson anyway, so of course we had to stop :)

Then we made it to Clemson! It is just about the cutest little town. They have a little downtown area with shops and restaurants, so we walked around there before heading on campus.


I could not get over the size of their football stadium. Clemson has about half the number of students that UC does, but I bet their stadium was twice as big as ours. Danielle says all of the games sell out too. College football in the south is just so different from the north. We don't get into it as much up here - ha!

The weather was awesome. Walking around campus on Friday afternoon, I was just wearing jeans, a sweater, and a puffer vest. And I was comfortable! I probably won't be able to do that until April around here.

We went to dinner that night in town at a cute little Italian restaurant and then we just hung out in Danielle's dorm room. It was so fun, and I'm so glad I finally got to see Clemson for myself. The campus really does have a different feel than UC.

I'll post more about our visit to Folly Beach and Charleston soon. Hope you all are having a good week!

No comments: