Sunday, January 26, 2014

Charleston {Part 2}

I'm finishing up with my final post on my awesome weekend spent in Charleston.

On Sunday morning we slept in and went to eat breakfast at Another Broken Egg. I had eaten there in Destin a few years ago and was thrilled to see that they have a Charleston location.

I got the Belgian waffle with strawberries on top - delicious!

Then we set out to see more of Charleston. It was nice to have a day with no where to be and just a city to explore, especially when the city is as pretty as Charleston.






Rainbow row!


Pineapple fountain!



We stopped at a cupcake bakery called Cupcake Down South for lunch since we had a late breakfast. It was such a cute place.


I got the Black & White cupcake - it was good!

We also stopped by a French bakery called the Macaroon Boutique, and I picked up a few macarons to go.


We went walking around some more down by the water - it was such a gorgeous day. The temperature was in the upper 50s, so I didn't want to spend any time inside. I was wearing jeans and a light sweater all day and I was comfortable. Pure bliss!


We stopped by another little bakery called Bake House to get some baked goods to eat for breakfast the next morning. I was a little disappointed with the muffin I got, but I loved the homemade salted caramel marshmallow I picked up too.

When we were walking around and exploring, we just happened to stumble upon the College of Charleston. We walked around, and oh my gosh - the campus is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't believe it. The buildings were quaint, and the different departments were in colorful buildings with wrap around porches. I couldn't help but wish that UC was set up the same way ;)





I have kind of a funny story about our dinner that night. We went to a seafood restaurant called Hyman's, and Danielle and I both ordered a $10 shrimp and hush puppy appetizer. We didn't realize that we got free hush puppies at our table anyway. So they ended up bringing us 8 hush puppies to snack on, and then we each got 4 additional hush puppies with our meal. But we only got 6 shrimp each. For a $10 appetizer, we were a little disappointed. The shrimp were good, but we both sat there cracking up the whole time because we left the restaurant still hungry - ha!

We ended up eating a second dinner at Firehouse Subs :)

That night we met back up with my parents and went on a ghost tour of the old city jail. It was actually really interesting and creepy!





The next morning we had to say goodbye to Charleston and make the long drive back home.

It was such a fun weekend, and now that I'm back home reality is hitting hard, and I don't like it :) I'm just so thankful I was able to get away for a nice, relaxing trip!

No comments: