Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014.

Happy 2014!


I'm not one to do New Years Resolutions. However, this year I'm thinking of doing something a little different. This afternoon I may go through my planner and write in a little goal for each week. Even if it's something simple like take a walk at the park, text a friend I haven't heard from in a while, or set aside more time that week to pray. I think I would actually be able to stick to goals like that, but I feel like they would still enrich my 2014 year!

I'm also still planning on doing my Project 365 in 2014 where you take a picture every single day of the year. I've done it the past 2 years now and still just love doing it.

I also downloaded an interesting app yesterday called 1 Second Everyday where you take a 1 second video each day and then you can make them into a video at the end of the month or the end of the year. I want to at least give that a shot too.

I saw this on Pinterest, and I think these goals are pretty neat. I want to incorporate some of them into my weekly goals this year.

I'm so excited for 2014. I don't know if I've ever been this excited about a year before!

Here are some of my predictions/things I'm looking forward to in 2014.....

I'm traveling to South Carolina very soon. My friend goes to school there, so I'm going to visit Clemson before we take a little trip over to Charleston for a few days. I am predicting that we will have so much fun. I mean seeing the beach in winter? I can't think of any other way to start off my 2014!

I'll finish my second semester of college in April. It's so crazy to think how fast college is flying by already. I hope to continue to do well in school, and I'm also hoping to get more involved in my sorority!

I'm taking a study abroad class this upcoming semester, which means that I'll end my first year of college with a trip to Montreal with my KBS freshman class (which are the people I have pretty much all of my classes with). I'm so excited for it.

I'll turn 19 in May. I feel like 19 is such a dumb age, but I don't want to rush through being 19 either. It's just crazy to think that this is my last full year of being a teenager before I'm in my 20s. Yikes! I'm anticipating a very low-key birthday, as most of mine are. I'll be out of school, so my college friends will be heading home, but a lot of my high school friends will just be starting to come home around then, so a nice dinner out with my family is what I'm anticipating.

I'm hoping to continue to grow my baking business this year. I'm contemplating starting a little website/Facebook page for it this summer :)

My family is taking what I predict to be the best vacation of my life this summer when we travel to Alaska. It won't be our traditional sun and sand vacation, but I am looking forward to it like you wouldn't believe. We've been planning it forever, so I'm excited that the year is finally here!

My cousin is getting married in Georgia this summer, which means another trip. 2014 is going to be the year of vacations, and I am absolutely ecstatic about that.

I'll start my second year of college in the fall. I don't know what that will hold for me, but I'm excited nonetheless. One of my predictions for this year is that I will change my major. I know I want to do business, but I don't think I've quite found my niche within it yet. I'm hoping I find it this year!

Overall, I'm super excited about all the holidays, vacations, celebrations, shopping trips, and time spent with family and friends that lie ahead in 2014.

I'm hoping to be a better person this year and further deepen my faith as well.

I'm happy that I have lived to see another year. I love the fresh start that a new year brings. I have so many fun things planned this year, but I also can't wait to see all of the unexpected things that happen as well.

I hope you all have the best year yet!

No comments: