Monday, July 23, 2012

Destin Part 2

Can you tell I had so much fun on this trip? We kept saying that we had wished we had stayed 2 weeks instead of just 1 since it was so pretty and there were so many things to do.

Tuesday: July 17, 2012
This was an early morning because we decided to drive over to Pensacola to see the Blue Angels.

Since we were getting up so early, I talked my family into stopping at the Krispy Kreme shop on the way. Now, I never knew that there were such things as Krispy Kreme stores that sold hot, freshly baked glazed doughnuts. We just don't have any stores like that where I live. It was pretty much a life altering discovery - ha! The doughnuts literally melted in your mouth. SO good!


It was extremely hot watching the Blue Angels, but I'd say it was worth it. I'm not big into stuff like that, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was crazy to watch them fly!



You can tell some of them are upside down in this one!






We checked out the Naval Museum next, which didn't thrill me as much as the show, but my dad liked it!

We climbed to the top of the Pensacola Lighthouse too. Talk about a workout!







We had lunch at a place called Flounder's before we headed back to Destin. My parents had been there about 20 years ago, but I had never gone. It was absolutely delicious though. We got fried fish, which was so yummy!



We had dinner in our condo that night since we had eaten lunch out, but after dinner we went to explore a little area called Baytowne Wharf. It was so cute and fun - they had a lot of restaurants and shops!






I got some Nutella gelato too. Delicious!

I love this starfish hair clip I bought there too. I thought it was cute and unique!

Wednesday: July 18, 2012
Wednesday was mostly spent relaxing again. We went to the beach in the morning, had lunch in our condo, and swam in the pool after lunch.

We had dinner that night at a place called Dewey Destin Seafood. We met up with my Mom's friend Kat, who she actually met online by reading her blog. She was so nice, and I'm glad we got to meet her!

After dinner, Kat invited us back to her condo. It was SO pretty overlooking the ocean. I don't think I would get tired of waking up to the ocean everyday!

Her dog, Daisy, was just so cute!


It's rumored that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill live down the street in that white house (not sure if you can see it in the distance), which I thought was neat!



I think I'll stop there for now! I'll post about the rest of my trip soon. Hope you all have a great start to your week!