Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July

The last 2 days have been filled with 4th of July festivities for me! I always love the 4th of July because it's always filled with fun summer parties and fireworks :)

Last night my family and I went to a fireworks display with my parents's friends and their kids. We do it every year, and it's always so fun. We also have this Uno tradition that always turns into a big competition.

This is Sydney and I last night!

I dressed Coco up today for the occasion. I kept calling her my "Patriotic Puppy" all day - ha!

Today we went to a pool party! My parents's friends (the same ones we went to the fireworks with) always have a 4th of July party since they're the only ones out of my parents's group of friends who have a pool. It's too hot to have a party that doesn't include swimming!

I made Red Velvet cupcakes for the party and made sure that they were decorated red, white, and blue!


My Mom also ordered these cute cookies that we brought too!

This is Lorelei and I at the party. I just loved her outfit, especially her sunglasses!

She didn't seem to like them on her face though!


We always play this beach ball game at pool parties! We all stand in the pool and hit it back and forth and try to see how many hits we can get before someone misses it.

I had such a fun 4th with family and friends. But I'm even more thankful to live in this wonderful free country. I know I take it for granted more often than I should!

No comments: