Sunday, July 22, 2012

Destin Part 1

Last week I was on vacation in Destin, FL! This was the first time I had been there, and I absolutely loved it. The whole trip was so much fun, and I can't wait to share all of my pictures and stories from this past week with you!

Saturday: July 14, 2012
We left early last Saturday morning and got there Saturday night. The first thing we did was check out our condo - it was SO nice!

This was the entryway.







Master Bedroom



My bedroom


Having my own bathroom was definitely the highlight of the condo - ha! Definitely something I didn't take for granted last week!

Balcony

Our view


We grabbed dinner late that night at a place called Pompano Joe's. It was really crowded, but we ended up getting a seat outside overlooking the ocean. It was nice to finally have some shrimp on the beach!



Sunday: July 15, 2012
On Sunday we woke up and drove to Santa Rosa Beach. I was getting Senior pictures done there, so we wanted to go early and scope it out before we had to come back at night.

The place was absolutely beautiful! The little town was called Watercolor, and it was the cutest area.

They even had a Lilly Pulitzer store - I loved that!









Then we did some grocery shopping, had lunch at our condo, and set out to drive around and explore the rest of Destin. 

We stopped at a Target, and my dad didn't understand what was so cool about a Target with palm trees in the parking lot, but my mom and I thought it was the neatest thing ever. Why doesn't my Target have palm trees????? Ha! Everything really is better in Florida!

We hit the beach after exploring, and then I got ready for my Senior pictures! I had 2 outfits, but this was my first one. I bought this dress awhile ago, but I hadn't worn it yet, which was driving me crazy since I had spent good money on it. So, I had to take a few pictures of me finally wearing it!


We stopped for ice cream on the way since we didn't have time to eat before the pictures. My chocolate brownie ice cream was delicious!

Then it was time for my pictures! We walked around Watercolor a little since we were early.



I can't wait to get my pictures back - I'll have to post some of them when I do! My dad took a few pictures on the beach as the lady was taking my pictures....



Then we had dinner at this crazy place called the Red Bar. It was SO loud, and they didn't actually have menus - just a chalkboard with a few choices. Kind of different, but still neat.

Monday: July 16, 2012
Monday was a nice relaxing day. We hit the beach in the morning, had lunch in our condo, and then went to the pool in the afternoon. That's always our little routine on vacation. We had the pool mostly to ourselves too!




We had dinner that night at Bubba Gump's! Their hush puppies and shrimp mac & cheese are to die for!


After dinner we went to Destin Commons, which was a cute outdoor shopping area - right up my alley!



We got our daily ice cream fix there too :)



Sorry for picture overload, but I just love posting about my vacations :) I'll do another installment soon!

No comments: