Saturday, July 28, 2012

London 2012


I am NOT a sports person. Sitting around watching football on TV is just about my worst nightmare. Even watching sports live is not that interesting to me. I love going to Reds baseball games, but I like that mostly for the atmosphere, not for the game :)

But for some reason, I love the Olympics! I would never think about watching swimming on TV any other time except during the Olympics.


I love the fact that they're in London this year too! I'm totally fascinated with England and the Royals! London is pretty high on my list of places to visit.


I watched the Opening Ceremonies last night too. I think that's the first time I've ever watched the whole thing. It was SO neat! I think one of my favorite things about the Olympics is that the whole world basically comes together for it. I think it's so cool to see all the different customs and traditions from all over the world. I was cracking up watching the Ceremonies though because pretty much every athlete from around the world had an iPhone that they were taking pictures with. I guess deep down we're all pretty much the same despite our backgrounds :)


My favorite events are gymnastics and swimming! Those are the ones I'm really looking forward to. I remember watching Michael Phelps win all of those gold metals 4 years ago, and I can't wait to see how he does this time.

Go USA!

No comments: