Friday, July 20, 2012

3-2-1 Cake

My mom came across an incredibly easy (and delicious!) dessert recipe a little while ago that I thought I'd pass on to you today!

It's called a 3-2-1 Cake. It really couldn't be any easier to make. It's also only 2 Weight Watchers points (I think), and if you know anything about Weight Watchers, a decent sized 2 point dessert is hard to come by!

All you have to do is buy a box of angel food cake mix and any another boxed cake mix you want. It HAS to be angel food for the first box, but it doesn't matter what brand! And then I would suggest a chocolate cake mix for the second box, but vanilla would probably be good still too.

Then mix the 2 dry mixes together and store in a large plastic resealable bag. So easy, and so cheap! Then when you want a quick dessert, mix 3 tablespoons of the dry cake mixture with 2 tablespoons of water in a bowl. Then microwave for 1 minute. And that's it!

It comes out looking like your own mini cake :)

Now, I would suggest putting some kind of toppings on it too. I always put strawberries on top, which makes it extra delicious. You could add any fruit though. Or chocolate chips, chocolate syrup, or any other yummy toppings!

 Another thing I've started putting on top is a little bit of French Vanilla Cool Whip (my favorite!).

A few tips.....
1. The bowl comes out extremely hot, so you might want to pull it out with a towel :)

2. For some reason, the cake smells so weird when you heat it up in the microwave. Maybe it's just my microwave, but it smells kind of gross (just when it's heating up - not the cake itself!). If it smells weird to you, don't worry - it actually does taste good.

3. Since the cake does come out hot, if you add Cool Whip on top, the Cool Whip has a tendency to soak into the cake. I actually like this, since the French Vanilla Cool Whip gives it a lot of flavor, but if you don't like that you could always wait a few minutes until it cools down to add the Cool Whip.

I really suggest making it! You don't use a lot of the mix for each cake, so 2 cake mixes really last a long time too.

No comments: