Monday, November 18, 2013

A Sales Pitch

A few weeks ago I had to give a persuasive presentation for my communications on any topic I wanted.

I knew right away what I wanted to give my presentation on.....

Why you should buy cake pops from me!

The class I was presenting to is my KBS class, so I know all the people pretty well and many of them have become friends of mine. Most of them didn't know about my love of cake pops though.

I figured, what better way to tell them about cake pops than by giving an entire presentation on it.

I even made them a batch of cake pops so they could try them out for themselves.


The presentation was a real success!

I even think I may have persuaded a few people to buy cake pops from me in the future, which I'm especially excited about.

I ended up getting a 100% on the presentation and was voted second best presentation by the class.

My professor emailed me asking for the presentation, and she ended up showing it to one of her other classes. How fun!

She also got me a chocolate muffin for coming in second place.

I have found that pretty much everyone loves cake pops.

I mean, what's not to love?

It was a little bittersweet though. I loved bringing them in for my new friends, but it made me a little sad that I won't be bringing them in for my high school friends anymore.

I was overwhelmed though with how my new college friends loved the cake pops.

I was also flattered because my professor emailed my presentation to another business professor (who I do not know), and I received an email from this other professor asking for my contact information because she was impressed and puts on a lot of luncheons and would interested in possibly buying cake pops from me in the future. How neat is that?

I am just so blessed :)

No comments: