Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Day

My Thanksgiving break kicked off a little early - on Wednesday. Technically we had school, but 3/4 of my professors cancelled class since apparently most people just skip class anyway.

I did go in for my one and only class, and I was super happy when it only lasted half an hour! It was snowing and deserted on campus.....

My mom and I headed out to the mall afterwards to do some Christmas shopping, which was so fun. I even ran into some old high school friends I hadn't seen in a long time!

On Thanksgiving I got up early to run to the store before the parade started. I picked up the newspaper so I could look through all of the Black Friday ads....

....and I also picked up a few doughnuts for myself. I couldn't pass up the one decorated to look like a turkey!

I then proceeded to plop myself down in front of the TV with the parade on, snuggle with Coco, eat my doughnuts, and look through the ads. It was glorious. My family was doing a 10k walk, but I liked being lazy better ;)


Before leaving the house for dinner!

We alternate eating Thanksgiving dinner every year with either my mom or dad's side of the family. This year it was my mom's side, and we always go out to eat at a restaurant on a golf course.





Nothing is more American than apple pie on Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving 2007 vs. 2013. It depresses me a little to see how much Maddie and I have grown up in these past six years. My mom said we'll have to take another Thanksgiving picture like these together in six years, which depressed me even further because in six years I will be 24 and Maddie will be 13. If someone could come up with a way to slow time down, that would be great.

After dinner we went over my aunt's house to have dessert with my dad's side of the family, where we finished up our Thanksgiving celebrations.

I'm so thankful for my family!

No comments: