Monday, April 21, 2014

Finals....EEEK!

This week is finals week. As in, after my exam on Thursday, I will be completely done with my freshman year of college. What?! How did that happen?

The rest of this week is going to be a little crazy, and I realize I've been doing a terrible job of blogging anyway, but it may be another week or two until I get back in my normal rhythm of blogging. I've missed posting, so I am looking forward to getting completely caught up since there are some things still from March that I haven't posted about but that I would like to. I think that once summer really starts, I'll be back to my normal posts!

As for now though, I thought I would work on getting a little caught up on some of the fun things that have happened since I last posted.....

This semester, I didn't have Friday class (although it seemed like I was still up at UC for something just about every Friday). One Friday at the end of March I had to go in for class (my Monday only class met on Friday - I'm still trying to figure that one out too). Anyway, my mom and I went and had breakfast at First Watch, one of my absolute favorite breakfast places just for fun!

We also got BonBonerie cookies since we were out that way. My favorite!

That Friday night my sorority had our annual fundraising event for Prevent Child Abuse America. We all had to work it, and it ended up being super fun. I'm already looking forward to next year's!

The event was "Taste of Clifton" where we sold small food samples from local restaurants. I thought it was a great idea, and we were able to raise a lot of money from it.

We also celebrated Red's Opening Day a few weeks ago, which is basically a regional holiday around Cincinnati. The last few years on Opening Day we've got together with my aunt and cousins, so we decided to continue the tradition and celebrate with some Mexican food and sopapillas!

Why is she so cute even when she's just been caught chewing up tissues? Ha!

For one of my classes, I had to do a project on the Cincinnati Zoo. It ended up being a really fun project since I love the Zoo so much. One of my friends and I were able to meet with a few people from the Zoo (including the president of the Zoo which was so fun!), and we ended up visiting the Zoo two Fridays in a row. I learned a lot about the Zoo and as a result of the project, we were able to get the Zoo a $700 donation for their sustainability efforts. I love that I live in a city with such a great zoo!


The giraffes are my favorite.

They even have a baby camel at the Zoo - so cute!

I've also been spending a lot of afternoons/evenings on the couch doing homework with Coco cuddled up next to me :)



I hope you all had a great Easter. I've still got a bunch of things to catch up on, but I'll do that another day. Have a fabulous week!

No comments: