Monday, October 8, 2012

October Stuff

First off before I write about what's been going on lately, I have 2 prayer requests. Yesterday I found out Julee's husband died over the weekend. I don't know her personally, but I've read her blog for over a year, and I just feel so bad for her and her daughter. I'm sure they could use a ton of prayers right now.

And secondly, my Great Aunt Betty passed away yesterday. I've always said I want to be like her when I'm older! I mean, how many 80 year old women wear heels, fancy outfits, and nice jewelry on a daily basis? :) She always made sure her outfits were very put together and even that her purse matched! She was my grandpa's sister, and my grandpa's only sibling left, so I think he's a little upset about it.

Now that this post has started out so sad, I'm going to shift hears completely and talk about what I've been up to recently.

I had my first cake decorating class on Thursday. It was fun, but not quite what I was expecting. I think that's because this first course is a lot of things I have already done - it's more suited to a beginning baker, but I have to take this course to be able to take the more advanced ones.

I also have to add in these funny text messages too. My friend Erin and I both have iPhones, so she sent this text the other day, I was cracking up laughing at it!

I knew I wanted to come up with something to send her back, so this is what I came up with. So funny!

Friday we had our walk at school. It was around 7 miles, but after we finished we were allowed to leave. So I went to lunch at Chick-fil-A and then went home and took a nap :)

My Friday night was pretty low-key. I went to dinner with my mom, visited by Grandpa, and then went to bed by 9:30. Ha!

On Saturday morning my mom and I went out to the mall so I could get a sweater for my cousin's wedding. And since I obviously don't have enough makeup, I bought this too. Ha! I'll do a whole post on these products one of these days.

That night I went to Octoberfest with my family. We go pretty much every year, and it's always fun. My cousins and I were playing this "Rat Game". It was kind of disturbing. They put this rat in the middle of this board, and whatever color hole he went in was the color that won. So weird!

Yesterday my mom and I ran some errands, and on the way we saw one of the gas stations with this pricing.....

I thought it was a miracle! We haven't seen prices like that in years.

Since it was cold yesterday, Starbucks was a definite!

We got Coco's Halloween costume too. I'm literally obsessed with it.


Coco loves to snag spots, so when I went to watch a movie last night, she moved right onto my pillow. Can you say spoiled?

And that's been my weekend! Have a great week!

No comments: