Monday, November 14, 2011

The Weekend of Good Food

Hey guys! I had such an awesome weekend that I can't wait to tell you about!

I was off school on Friday, so Thursday night I did a whole lot of relaxing. I actually fell asleep at 9 - ha! It felt SO good though :)

On Friday I went out to the mall with my mom. I'm pretty sure that every day I'm off school we somehow end up at the mall.

That night I went with my parents to babysit their friends little baby. She is so adorable! It was fun watching her.

On Saturday afternoon I went grocery shopping with my mom, and look what we picked up.

They were even playing Christmas music in the store - I'm so happy!

That night I headed home to get ready to go out with my friends! It was fun getting all dressed up because we were going to a fancy restaurant.

We went to Maggiano's. It was absolutely delicious! We did a family style meal where we got to order 2 salads, 2 appetizers, 4 entrees, and 2 desserts. The food was endless too - so we could ask for as much as we wanted. It was really neat - after every course they would bring out boxes for us to box the stuff up to take home. I had a lot of leftovers to bring home!

The pasta was delicious, but dessert was my favorite part! We got the chocolate cake.....

....and the cheesecake. The cheesecake was definitely my favorite!

After dinner, we took some pictures outside....



Then we headed back to my friend Katie's house for a sleepover! It was so fun because it was my "old" group of friends from grade school that all got together. We don't all go to the same high school or hang out with the same people, so it was fun to get together and catch up.

I've got a ton of random pictures......


















The only bad part of the night was the fact that I woke up at 3 in the morning with an upset stomach, so I left early. That was a bummer, but I'm glad I did because I felt so much better once I got home, took some medicine, and had a good night's sleep.

I needed to be well rested because on Sunday night I went out with my mom, my aunt, and my cousins to dinner downtown. We went to Palomino's. I'd never been there before, but it was really neat because it overlooked Fountain Square. The restaurant itself was really cute too!

Then we went to see Wicked! I'd seen the play before in Chicago, but it is such a good one that I wanted to see it again, and it was just as good, if not better, the second time around. I think Wicked is the best Broadway show I've ever seen - I absolutely love the music!

This is my favorite scene/song. I had to fight the urge to sing along at the show!

I hope you all had a good weekend like I did. I feel like I did nothing except go to fancy restaurants and eat a lot of good food - ha!

No comments: