Friday, November 11, 2011

Another Tragedy

Do you remember a few weeks ago when I told the tragic story of my hair straightener dying? Well, today I've got another tragic story to share, and I think this one is even worse.....

So, yesterday I was babysitting, which I do everyday after school. The little girl I babysit accidentally spilled some food coloring on the floor. Normally, this wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for the fact that it splashed onto my brand new Ugg boots!

I saved up for months to buy these boots, and I payed for them 100% with my own money. I haven't even had them for a full month!

Anyway, the stains weren't too bad. I mean, you could see them, but they weren't totally obvious and noticeable. In other words, the boots weren't ruined and I could still wear them fine.

I was still upset about them though, so my dad took them and told me that he would work on trying to get the stains out while I went to get my hair cut. I came back home, and they were still a little wet, but he told me that he had been able to get some of the stains out. Wahooo!

I went to bed last night, and they were still wet, but I figured they would be okay in the morning.

Hahahaha. No. I woke up and they were dry, but they were stained even worse! Apparently my dad had used soap on them, and clearly that was not a good idea. I mean, just look at these poor boots!

We took them to a dry cleaners today, and they told us there was nothing they could do because they were the gray ones. Apparently the gray coloring would just come off, but the coloring doesn't come off for any of the other colored boots. Figures!

The only good part of this whole thing?

My dad decided to buy me a new pair since he pretty much ruined those. Except this time I learned my lesson and got the brown ones!

So, the moral of the story is......

1. Don't let little kids use food coloring. Ever.

2. Don't use soap to try and clean Uggs.

3. Don't buy the gray Uggs because they can't be cleaned!

At least I now have a pair of Uggs that I can wear out in the snow that I don't care if they get messy!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uggs look so comfy for a cold winter or fall day. I want some for the mountains. I'm glad you got a new pair of Uggs!

p.s. i know that you like listening to lauren and scotty, so i thought i would tell you this. i saw a ton of videos on YouTube of them doing a duet of "When You Say Nothing At All". they did really good on that song, although they both weren't on the same notes.