Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gingerbread House

Let me start off this post by saying that the last few days have rocked! School is finally slowing down a bit, and I finally have had time to get into the Christmas spirit and blog a little bit more!

Yesterday was another really good day. I had an easy day at school with a really small amount of homework. Then I didn't have to babysit. It's funny how there are random days when I don't have to babysit, and they always land on days when I don't have much going on anyway. Oh well!

That meant that last night my family got to do another one of our Christmas traditions - make our gingerbread house!

I turned on Christmas Vacation while we made it. Christmas Vacation is my absolute favorite Christmas movie! I watch it every year, and I think I laugh more and more every time I see it. I might just have to watch it again before Christmas :)

Here's our gingerbread house in progress. We always have the worst time trying to figure out how to get the roof to dry without sliding off. This was my dad's solution this year.....

The front of our completed house....

The back of the house. My mom and I think it looks like a face!


I am getting so excited for Christmas! I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away. This year has gone so fast.

"Christmas is not a time or a season but a state of mind. To cherish peace and good will, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas." - Calvin Coolidge

No comments: