Thursday, October 17, 2013

365 Days Later

Exactly one year ago today (October 17th) I went on my "official" tour of UC's campus (you can read more about my first visit here).

It was pretty much on that day that I truly realized I wanted to be a UC bearcat. I had always assumed I would go to UC because growing up I wasn't really exposed to that many other colleges since both my parents went to UC. That's why I was relieved that when I visited, I actually liked it as much (if not more) than I had hoped I would.

I walked away that day knowing that if everything worked out the way I thought it would, I would be attending the University of Cincinnati.


Obviously, it did work out.

However, even just 365 days ago, I didn't know exactly what my UC education would look like.

If I'm being honest, it's so much better than I ever could have planned.

This time last year, I didn't have my job on campus that has given me the chance to learn new skills and meet some great co-workers.

This time last year, I didn't know I would get accepted into KBS (heck, this time last year I had barely even heard of KBS), a program that has shaped and will continue to shape my college career more than I ever would have hoped for. It has already deeply enriched my college experience.

This time last year, I hadn't met, let alone even heard of, the incredibly sweet people I have come to known and call friends over these past few months.

This time last year, I didn't know such things as business fraternities existed, and now I'm pledging one.

This time last year, I hadn't truly given thought to the sorority life, and once again, now I'm pledging one.

These past 365 days have truly impacted my life and my future. The doors that have been opened for me since starting college are incredible.

Sometimes it's crazy for me to take a step back and see the transformations that have taken place just in one year.

I'm so incredibly thankful for this past year even if it was filled with some really hard moments, like having to say goodbye to high school teachers and friends.

Life seems to have a way of presenting exactly what you need when you're feeling sad though, I've come to learn.

I can't wait to see what the next 365 days have in store for me.....

No comments: