Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Top 10 Pet Peeves

My lack of posts is really starting to bother me, but college and a desire to actually get some sleep has prevented me from blogging. Considering the fact that the last time I sat down to write a post about my weekend and what I've been up was three weeks ago, I need to make some time.

However, that time is not now :)

If college has taught me one thing, it's that not having it all together all the time is okay. I sometimes go to bed with my to-do list only halfway completed, and I'm learning to accept that.

So in the mean time......

..........................................................

I always think it's funny to hear about people's pet peeves, so today I'm sharing 10 of mine!

Not Turning Off Your Turn Signal
Turn signals in general drive me nuts. I hate it when people don't use them at all, and I hate it when people forget to turn them off. How difficult is it to properly use a turn signal?

Chewing Ice
I am NOT an ice chewer. I have just never liked chewing ice. What's worse than chewing ice though is the sound of someone else chewing ice very loudly. That always gets on my nerves!

Lack of Spell Check
I tried out a new restaurant a little while ago, and it drove me nuts to see that they had several typos on their menu. Spell check is great, and actually proofreading your writing is even better.....

Bad Grammar - Mostly "I Seen"
I'm not really a grammar police person. I don't always remember when I should use "I" instead of "me," but the thing that drives me bonkers is when people say "I seen." It is I HAVE SEEN or I SAW. End of story.

Slow Pedestrians in Crosswalk
If I am being nice and stopping my car to let you walk across the crosswalk, you better be walking faster than a snail. That's all I have to say about that :)

Too Much Makeup
You know me - I love makeup. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. I think that people who wear too much makeup look even worse than if they wore no makeup at all.

Cheap Chocolate
I admit, I'm a chocolate snob. Cheap chocolate is just a waste of money and calories to me.

Pushy Salespeople
I hate it when the salespeople in a store won't leave you alone. Once I was in White House Black Market, and when the saleswoman found out I was graduating (we ran into friends and were talking about it), she proceeded to pick out a dress for me (including a pair of shoes) and practically shove me in the fitting room to try it all on. Not surprising that I left the store empty handed, that kind of stuff really annoys me!

Vague Facebook Posts
I HATE it when people put up super vague Facebook posts, like "please pray," "I just had such a bad day," etc. Then when people ask what's wrong, they don't actually answer because it's "private." Fishing for Facebook comments or likes is so pathetic to me.

Poorly Groomed Feet
My feet aren't perfect. I only get a pedicure once a year, so I take care of them myself most of the time. It's really not that hard to keep them looking somewhat decent. But the thing that bothers me is unpainted toenails. I have to have my toes painted all year round, even when I'm wearing boots everyday in the winter. In the summer though, I hate seeing other people's toes if they're long, chipped (or completely unpainted), and the worst......if they're jagged. SO gross.

Is it bad that I could probably keep going with my pet peeves? Ha! I'll stop with 10 though :)

What are some of your pet peeves?