Thursday, October 10, 2013

I Like to Travel.

No, scratch that.

I love to travel.

I live for exploring new places and visiting new parts of the world.

Of course there are plenty of places I've been that I would love to go back to, but I think that life is too short to go to the same place over and over.

I know tons of people who go to the same place year after year, and I just think that's boring.

In my opinion, the world is just too dang big.

Thankfully I was born into a travel-loving family!

When I was in the Dominican Republic, we were all sitting on the beach at one point and were talking about places we want to go to. Basically, our travel bucket list.

Talking about traveling excites me so much, and I love dreaming about future trips.

So on the flight home, I made my own little travel bucket list on my phone. Thankfully I'm young and have a lot of vacations ahead of me because there are TONS of places I want to go.

And I've already decided that I have to marry someone who has a passion for serious traveling because there's no way I can handle going to the same beach year after year :)

So today I'm sharing with you my travel bucket list! I definitely think I have the time to travel to all of these places, however, the whole money situation is a different story - ha!

Seattle, Washington
I have heard so many good things about Seattle. I think it would be such a fun city to explore. I mean, they started Starbucks - how could you go wrong there?

Alaskan Cruise
Thankfully, I know for a fact that this item will be crossed off my bucket list. In fact, it will be crossed off in less than a year! My family already has it booked for next summer. I am SO excited!

Hawaiian Cruise
I've mentioned before how practically everyone I know has gone to Hawaii recently. I've never been there though! My family has tossed around doing Hawaii in a few years (we like to plan early - ha!).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Although I'm too young to gamble now, I don't think I'll be a big gambler. I just want to go to Vegas for the hotels and glamor. Of course, this is one that I'll have to go to once I turn 21!

Grand Canyon - Arizona
I really want to do an out west trip (again, my family likes to plan early and we've tossed the idea out of doing it in 2015!), and the Grand Canyon would be on the top of my list. From the pictures I've seen, I expect to simply stand in awe of it when I finally see it with my own eyes.

Denver, Colorado
I so want to stay in a ski lodge out in Denver one of these years. I've never been skiing, but I would love to try, and I think snowmobiling and relaxing in the lodge with some hot chocolate would be so fun and something really different.

Dallas, Texas
Northpark - need I say more?

Mall of America - Minnesota
Hello! This girl loves to shop, so why wouldn't I want to go to the biggest mall in the USA? I think this would be such a fun girls trip.

St. Louis, Missouri
I just really want to go to the top of that arch.

New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans seems like such a fun city. My parents have said before that they will take me there for my 21st birthday, so we'll see if that actually happens. You know I won't let them forget about that one!

Mount Rushmore - South Dakota
Another must-see on an out west trip.

Napa Valley, California
I've done a big California trip before where we hit San Francisco, drove down the coast, and ended in San Diego. I am in love with California. I think a bed and breakfast inn in Napa would be to die for.

London, England
I want to go to Europe SO bad. I'm also so obsessed with the royals and England in general that it's a no brainer that London is on my travel bucket list.

Paris, France
If you have read my blog for any length of time (or know me personally at all), you know that Paris is my #1 travel bucket list item. I did an entire art series my senior year on Paris. My room has tons of Paris items. I've read numerous books on Paris. I think I may actually get there in the next few years (my college program has a spring break trip there). I'm also pretty sure that the first time I see the Eiffel Tower in person I will cry just because it's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. I am dying to eat a French macaron while overlooking the Eiffel Tower. The bakeries alone are a reason enough to go there.

Barcelona, Spain
I just think Spain would be a gorgeous place to visit, especially after taking so many years of Spanish.

Greece
I don't care where I go in Greece, as long as it has these cute little white houses on a cliff overlooking the water. I don't think there's anything else like it in the world!

Rome/Florence, Italy
I really want to do a whole Italy trip. There are just so many places I want to see there - Rome, Florence, and Tuscany for sure. And the food! Gosh, I can't even imagine. Italian food is my absolute favorite, so I'm pretty sure I would die over all the pastas.



Alps - Switzerland
I think some little town in Switzerland that is surrounded by the Alps would be so fun to visit - even if just for a few days.

Sydney/Great Barrier Reef - Australia
I've known several people who have gone to Australia, and it just seems absolutely gorgeous. I am not a swimmer, but I would for sure want to try snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef.


New Zealand
I have never actually known anyone who has gone to New Zealand. Looking back over the rest of my list, I can say that I know someone who has visited each place. But although I haven't heard it from someone I personally know, I hear that New Zealand is supposed to be just absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Now I want to go simply because I don't know anyone who has gone before!

I can't wait to see where my travels take me! I've always wanted to visit all 50 states (I'm doing pretty good at 21/50). I once read that traveling is the only thing you pay for that makes you richer, and I absolutely agree. I think experiencing different cultures is extremely valuable, not to mention the fact that I think it is SO easy to see God in all of the beauty of the world.

Here's to many more years of traveling! Hopefully I'll be 90 years old with my travel bucket list all complete :)

2 comments:

Jolly Angeles said...

Wow greatly you show whole Las Vegas..
See more-- Las Vegas Holiday Packages

Custom Sheds San Antonio said...

Lovely blog you havve here