Sunday, October 23, 2011

Brown County 2011

I had such a great weekend! I honestly wish I could rewind and do it all over again :)

The school day on Friday was awesome too! As in, I had no tests or quizzes, and I hardly did anything all day. It was definitely the easiest day we've had so far this year, and it felt good to finally have a relaxing day. A lot of people were missing in our classes because they were leading a Freshman reflection day, so none of our teachers wanted to do much, which was totally alright with me!

My parents picked me up from school, and we headed out of town! Every year my mom's side of the family takes an out-of-town trip in the fall, and we went to Brown County this year, which is where we have been going the last few years. It is always such a fun weekend that I look forward to so much.

We had bought a fun Halloween bowling game on Thursday, which we brought and was a hit on Friday night!


We went out to dinner to Ruby Tuesday's that night.

Maddie & I at dinner:

Our hotel this year was in walking distance to the outlet malls (you know I loved that!). After dinner, we walked over there to "plan our strategy" aka figure out what stores we wanted to go to on Saturday!

Then we headed back to the hotel and painted our nails for Halloween!

On Saturday, we got up early to eat breakfast and hit the outlets! I had saved up money for awhile, and I'm so glad I did because I ended up finding so many cute things! I spent all of my money except for $6 :)

We got some chocolate at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, and then got to shopping. I've got to share some of the things I bought because I'm so excited about them. I had a bit of a sparkle theme - almost everything I bought had something sparkly on it!

I got this super cute shirt at Ann Taylor. I also got a long sleeve shirt to go over it, but I don't have a picture of it....

I love this cardigan I got at Loft!

At first I passed this scarf by, but then when I realized I had enough money to buy it, I totally went back for it, and I'm glad I did. I have a serious scarf problem :)

I also got 2 other shirts for $10 a piece! I haven't done that much shopping in a long time, and it felt really good. There's nothing better than retail therapy!

After shopping, we ate lunch at Subway and then headed into the park to take some pictures.








My parents and I headed into town after this, which has a lot of cute artisan/crafty stores. It was so crowded though that we pretty much just got ice cream and left!

When we got back to our hotel, we had a pizza party in the lobby!

Sas didn't want to get her picture taken - she was trying to cover her face :)


After we ate, all of the kids dressed up in their Halloween costumes, and we passed out candy and treats.

Maddie is being Jessie for Halloween!

Sas is being a mean bee. Here she is stinging me :)

My cousin Andrew is being Elvis. I think he totally looks the part! 



We got up pretty early this morning to head back home. This weekend went way too fast. I wish I could rewind it and do it all over again. It was way too fun :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and an even better week!

No comments: