Sunday, January 1, 2012

Looking Forward

I thought it would be really fun to post my predictions and a few things I want to work on this year. I figured it would be fun to look back on these next year and see if any of my predictions came true!

If I had one word that I'm guessing will sum up 2012 it would be change, which honestly scares me. I'm SO not good with change, and I think I'm really going to have to work on that this year....

I think my friends are going to change. I can feel this happening already in the last few weeks. I just feel like some of us are slowly drifting apart, and I'm nervous that this will continue :/

I think my family is going to change. Some crazy things have happened the last few weeks/days, and I have a really big feeling that this year is going to bring a lot of changes with my family, and it really makes me sad how things can change so suddenly.

With that being said, here are some other predictions that I have for this year!

1. I'll finish my junior year of high school, which is "rumored" to be the hardest academic year. Hopefully that's true because I don't want next year to be any harder :)

2. I'll go on vacation with my family! I always look forward to that over the summer, and we've already got an idea for what I think will be a fun trip!

3. I'll start my senior year of high school. Ahhh, more changes. I'm already getting kind of sad that high school is going by so fast.
4. I'll apply to college. This one seriously freaks me out! Unlike a lot of other people, I'm not quite ready to be done with high school. Basically, I'm seriously freaked about moving onto college. When did I get to be so old? :)

See, I told you this year was going to bring a LOT of changes. Now, here are some things I want to work on this year....

1. Accepting change!
I figure that since I'm not very good at it, I'll have a lot of opportunities to get better at accepting change this year.

2. Trust
Part of the reason I'm so afraid of change is because I have a hard time trusting God's plan for life in the face of so many difficult (and changing!) times. I really need to work on just accepting my life as it presents itself to me :)

3. Living now
One of the biggest things I struggle with day-to-day is living in the moment. I'm always looking ahead and longing for better days, or I'm looking back and wishing I could re-live my favorite memories. I have trouble finding moments of happiness in my "ordinary" days, and I need to work on that!

Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
~ James 1:2-3

No comments: