Monday, November 26, 2012

Makeup Monday {Benefit and Revlon}

A month or so ago I went to Ulta and found some really good new products that I'm loving and wanted to share with you. One of the finds is a more recent one too.

First off, I got a Revlon Smoky Shadow Stick in Atomic. I love it so much and think I might want a few more colors! The one side is gold, and the other is dark green that's shows up dark like a black. It goes on smooth and I love to blend some eyeshadow on top of it. I've been using the gold end on my entire lid, and the dark green end in the crease. Love it!

At Target a few weeks ago I picked up the Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee. Let's just say I am now obsessed with nude lipstick. I never understood how a nude lipstick could be flattering, but I wanted to try it anyway. It is definitely flattering and now one of my new favorites. I have used it SO much the last few weeks that I might need another one soon!

I also got a cute little Benefit sampler at Ulta.

I'd only ever tried Benefit's They're Real! Mascara, which is my ultimate favorite mascara, so I wanted to try some more of the Benefit products. I liked how this set allows you to try a small sample of a bunch of different products. There are some that I really like and would for sure pay full price for! This is what it all came with....

Posie Tint
This stuff is literally a cheek STAIN. It made me SO nervous the first time I used it. When you pull the brush out (it's like a nail polish brush) the tint looks super bright pink. I thought it was going to make me look like a clown. But I actually really like it. You don't need a lot of it, but it blends in pretty good to just give your cheeks a rosy glow. I don't think it would be for everyone, but I think it's really neat when used correctly!

High Beam
High Beam is a product similar to the Posie Tint expect it's a highlighter. I am absolutely in love with this product! It does a fabulous job of lighting up and highlighting a specific area of your face. I put it on top of me cheekbones (I use the Posie Tint on the apples of my cheeks) and it really illuminates that area of my face. I think a full bottle of this may be going on my Christmas list :)

"That Gal"
This is a face primer. I think it's supposed to even out your complexion and brighten up your face. I haven't used it a whole lot because the sample is really small, but it seems like a pretty good product. I'd need to use it a few more times to decide whether it's worth it or not. It smells really good though!

Bad Lash
Like I said, I love Benefit's They're Real! Mascara, so I was eager to see how their other mascaras would compare. Overall, I like the product, but I still prefer They're Real!

Stay Don't Stray
This is an eyeshadow primer. It's basically the same idea as the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I haven't noticed a difference in wear between the 2 brands, but I think I prefer the feel of the Urban Decay version better. I would stick with Urban Decay over this primer.

Hoola Bronzer
I really like this bronzer as well. I have a Charlotte Ronson bronzer that's just alright. I like this Hoola one a lot better than that one. I still want to try the Nars Laguna sometime because I've heard such great things about that bronzer too. I would recommend this one though!

I love the Revlon and Benefit brands in general. I think Benefit is a very high quality brand that is definitely worth the slightly more expensive cost!

No comments: