Thursday, November 15, 2012

Planning Ahead

**Before I go into this post, let me first say that this post is 100% my thoughts and feelings right now. I am in NO WAY trying to sound like I'm complaining, because I'm not complaining. At all. I may be busy over the next month or so, but I'm grateful for all the fun things coming up. I don't want this post to come off the wrong way.**

I have a lot going on the next month. Let's take this coming up week for example. I have to babysit after school on Friday, then go straight from there to babysit again. I have to make cake pops for my cousin who's going to a gender reveal party on Sunday. I have a research paper due on Tuesday and a literary essay due Wednesday. I'm making fall cake pops for my friend's sister's birthday next week. Thanksgiving is Thursday. Black Friday shopping on Friday, a baby shower next Saturday, and a birthday party next Sunday. For that birthday party I'm making 35 cupcakes, 24 cake pops, and 1 smash cake.

And that's just over the next week.

In December I've got Senior Project assignments, 3 Christmas plays, a graduation party, cookie baking with my family, exams, Christmas Dance, and Christmas itself. My family also decided (last night!) to go to Chicago over Christmas break. I'm SO excited for that. It's been YEARS since I've been to Chicago, and it's one of my favorite cities.

I totally understand that I got myself into ALL of these events. I could have said no to some things (well maybe not the school assignments!), but I'm choosing to do all of these things and go to all of this stuff because I want to.

So although the next month is going to be busy, I wouldn't change a thing (especially all the baking!). All of these activities (besides the school stuff) are fun. They're time spent with family, and I'm so excited for all these Christmas festivities to begin :)

Honestly, I wouldn't be able to keep track of all this stuff without my planner. I think I mentioned over the summer that I bought an Erin Condren Life Planner. I am obsessed with it and thought I'd pass on the information because I think everyone should get one!

They are a little more expensive, but I think they are well worth the money! The company was started by a Erin Condren out of her house I think, and it has grown to a pretty big company. They sell a bunch of personalized items, and pretty much everything you buy from the site can be personalized. It's an American company that makes everything here! I think those things are worth the extra cost.

The cover of the Life Planner can be personalized....

It has the cutest quotes throughout the planner....

Pages for birthdays and anniversaries

Each month has a monthly calendar spread. Can you tell how busy December is? :)

This is the spread for each week. Every column is a different day, and there is a section for goals and to-do lists on the side.

There are a bunch of cute blank pages in the back too!

It comes with a couple pages of stickers to use too - how fun!

A pocket to keep papers in...

And there's a zip pocket in the back too that came with a few personalized gift tags.

So the moral of this post? Enjoy the busy seasons of life, and plan ahead to avoid losing your sanity!

"Blessed is the person who is too busy to worry in the daytime and too sleepy to worry at night."

No comments: